Start Menu > all programs don't show

Hello,

I have been having problems acessing my "all programs" on my start menu in
xp mode. Also, when I click on run, help and support, and search, windows
asks if I want to create a shortcut on the desktop. What can I do to remedy
the problem. I really want to get used to using the xp start menu because
that is what I use when administering server 2003...... thanks for your help

Steve,

See if these commands help, from Start/Run:

regsvr32 /i shell32
regsvr32 /i shdocvw

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"steve cramer" <steve cramer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have been having problems acessing my "all programs" on my start menu in
> xp mode. Also, when I click on run, help and support, and search, windows
> asks if I want to create a shortcut on the desktop. What can I do to
> remedy
> the problem. I really want to get used to using the xp start menu because
> that is what I use when administering server 2003...... thanks for your
> help

Thank you very much, I was about to pull out my hair.

I do appreciate your advice....

sc

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Steve,
>
> See if these commands help, from Start/Run:
>
> regsvr32 /i shell32
> regsvr32 /i shdocvw
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "steve cramer" <steve cramer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have been having problems acessing my "all programs" on my start menu in
> > xp mode. Also, when I click on run, help and support, and search, windows
> > asks if I want to create a shortcut on the desktop. What can I do to
> > remedy
> > the problem. I really want to get used to using the xp start menu because
> > that is what I use when administering server 2003...... thanks for your
> > help

You're welcome Cramer. Glad the problem is sorted!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User