Zanen Electronics still in business?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Anyone happen to know if Zanen is still around have have a correct phone
number for them? I'd like to contact them about a cap kit for my Vectrex,
but the numbers I have found thus far have led me to dead ends. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

1-800-800-8900

"Slor" <slor@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Anyone happen to know if Zanen is still around have have a correct phone
> number for them? I'd like to contact them about a cap kit for my Vectrex,
> but the numbers I have found thus far have led me to dead ends. Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote in

> Anyone happen to know if Zanen is still around have have a correct
> phone number for them? I'd like to contact them about a cap kit for
> my Vectrex, but the numbers I have found thus far have led me to dead
> ends. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Someone sent me the info. Next question - I've never worked on a vector
monitor before, and I was wondering if there are any specific instructions
out there on properly discharging a Vec monitor. I've only done this once
or twice (on raster arcade machines), and I want to make sure I do things
proper to not damage the monitor (or myself :)).

Thanks

--
Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>I was wondering if there are any specific instructions out there on properly discharging a Vec monitor.<<

It's exactly the same way that you discharge a raster monitor. Go to
www.playvectrex.com for details.

WARNING: You can be harmed if you do not know what you are doing when
servicing the Vectrex.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, Rob Mitchell
<"solder_guy"@(what_is_this)yahoo.com> wrote in

> WARNING: You can be harmed if you do not know what you are doing when
> servicing the Vectrex.

Yup - I'm quite aware of the dangers with monitor discharge. Exactly why I
wanted to make sure the procedure doesn't differ from arcade machines. Any
other big gotchas besides that? Also, any idea how long an unplugged Vec
might remain charged?

Thanks for the info.

--
Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote in

> Anyone happen to know if Zanen is still around have have a correct
> phone number for them? I'd like to contact them about a cap kit for
> my Vectrex, but the numbers I have found thus far have led me to dead
> ends. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Got my kit from Zanen today - man, there's a lot of caps to replace. If I
don't post in here again soon, it probably means I blew myself up. :)

--
Slor

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:10:34 +0000, Slor wrote:

> Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote in
>
>> Anyone happen to know if Zanen is still around have have a correct
>> phone number for them? I'd like to contact them about a cap kit for
>> my Vectrex, but the numbers I have found thus far have led me to dead
>> ends. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Got my kit from Zanen today - man, there's a lot of caps to replace. If I
> don't post in here again soon, it probably means I blew myself up. :)

How much does the capkit cost currently?

Despite all prevention efforts, unclefreddy <unclefreddy@jerky.com>
wrote in news:pan.2004.11.20.11.25.21.222741@jerky.com:

> How much does the capkit cost currently?

$9.95 + $3.85 Priority shipping.

--
Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Will they build a custom kit if I send the values of all the caps?
Trying to find one place that has all the different caps is a pain...
:)

I have a pre-production Vectrex, and a lot of caps are completely
different (different quantity of them as well) than the production
units, and some of them just aren't that easy to find and electronics
stores or surplus stores...

Rik

On 21 Nov 2004 06:58:59 GMT, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote:

>Despite all prevention efforts, unclefreddy <unclefreddy@jerky.com>
>wrote in news:pan.2004.11.20.11.25.21.222741@jerky.com:
>
>> How much does the capkit cost currently?
>>

>$9.95 + $3.85 Priority shipping.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

>>I have a pre-production Vectrex<<

What is this and how is it different from the production units?

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Rik <noone@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:<6o0gq0pd7hpgovbthj0gs40v43nosrosnh@4ax.com>...
> Will they build a custom kit if I send the values of all the caps?
> Trying to find one place that has all the different caps is a pain...
> :)
>
> I have a pre-production Vectrex, and a lot of caps are completely
> different (different quantity of them as well) than the production
> units, and some of them just aren't that easy to find and electronics
> stores or surplus stores...
>
> Rik

Rik,
Many large Electronic Suppliers like
http://digikey.com
Will have all the caps you ever need (and then some).

All the caps? You really only need to replace the Electrolitic Caps. Other
caps don't really go bad. I wouldn't think that a pre-production Vectrex
would be all that different from a standard machine. Unless perhaps, they made up
specific values by wiring up several caps in parallel or in series.

I don't have a diagram handy, but Vectrex shouldn't have more than a dozen or
two of Electrolitic Caps.

Peteski

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I wouldn't think that a pre-production Vectrex
> would be all that different from a standard machine. Unless perhaps, they
made up
> specific values by wiring up several caps in parallel or in series.
or they bread boarded stuff (like the amiga on it's first showing.), or
even reviewed the pcb layout/

---