Duplicate ICONS?

eddy

About 95% of my desktop icons have been 'overlaiyed' with the same
ICON and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it. If I delete an
ICON they both go and if I add a new one then this one overlays again!

HELP!

TIA

Duplicate Icons in the Desktop - Windows 2000/XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/duplicatedesktop.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:3u4p3156o05q604e0tefae57skvq91tj4f@4ax.com,
eddy@park151.freeserve.co.uk <eddy@park151.freeserve.co.uk> hunted and
pecked:
> About 95% of my desktop icons have been 'overlaiyed' with the same
> ICON and no matter what I do, I can't get rid of it. If I delete an
> ICON they both go and if I add a new one then this one overlays again!
>
> HELP!
>
> TIA

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:20:14 -0700, "Wesley Vogel"
<123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote:

>Duplicate Icons in the Desktop - Windows 2000/XP
>http://windowsxp.mvps.org/duplicatedesktop.htm

I originally posted this on behalf of a friend and have since found
the fix! It was being caused by a custom overlay shorcut icon!

Downloaded Tweakui and set the shortcut to None and it's fixed!

cheers,
Len