Applications no longer appear in taskbar

Sometime after an auto-update (maybe it was the service pack release), XP
stopped showing my applications in my taskbar. No big deal, I can Alt-tab
between the apps, but I can no longer use the mouse because none of the apps
show up in the task bar. The quicklaunch icons are there, so is the clock,
and those other icons...What changed, how can I get the taskbar to work
properly again?
Thanks.

Alicia

Lock the Taskbar. To look it, right click an empty area in the taskbar. A
selection menu will appear. The first in the list is the "Toolbars". If you
move the mouse to "Toolbars", another seleciton list will appear. Make sure
"Quick Launch" and "Desktop" are checked, if they are the only two you want
in the taskbar. Once you have made the selection, the selection list will
disappear. Right click again an empty area in the "Taskbar" and click the
"Lock the Taskbar" (second to the last item in the selection list).

http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Taskbar missing minimized apps" <Taskbar missing minimized
apps@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sometime after an auto-update (maybe it was the service pack release), XP
> stopped showing my applications in my taskbar. No big deal, I can Alt-tab
> between the apps, but I can no longer use the mouse because none of the
> apps
> show up in the task bar. The quicklaunch icons are there, so is the clock,
> and those other icons...What changed, how can I get the taskbar to work
> properly again?
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS