Post XP SP2 install reboot loop

If anyone can give me any pointers on this I'd be very grateful.

thanks

Jamie

Jamie;
1. How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if
the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875355

2. Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

3. Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

4. When you are ready for SP-2, follow the Service Pack Installation
Checklist:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Jamie Tracey" <jamie@shoshone.co.uk> wrote in message
> If anyone can give me any pointers on this I'd be very grateful.
>
> thanks
>
> Jamie

Many thanks for this response - I note however some of the specified links
are not very up to date?

However a lot of good stuff to explore

thanks
Jamie
> Jamie;
> 1. How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if
> the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875355
>
> 2. Reboot tapping F8 each second.
> Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
> If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
> Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
> Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
>
> 3. Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm
>
> 4. When you are ready for SP-2, follow the Service Pack Installation
> Checklist:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Jamie Tracey" <jamie@shoshone.co.uk> wrote in message
>> If anyone can give me any pointers on this I'd be very grateful.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Jamie

Update....problem now solved. It required a registry fix from Mesh Computers
for their AMD 64 CPUs.

Sp2 now up and staying up...many thanks for the help