Harmageddon for Sale

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey Guys

Thanks for your responses. Let's just say that the Vectrex group of collectors
is more organized than others heheh...

I've listed it for sale on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8153740819

If anyone needs better pictures let me know. All of those pictures were taken
during a one minute span but the sun here in Seattle decided to shine then go
away every 10 seconds or so. I didn't think it would make much of a difference
but they didn't turn out as I had hoped.....

If you want better quality pics for your web pages let me know and I'll see
what I can do.

Feel free to visit my web site about Japanese gaming:

www.japan-games.com

I'll be heading back to Japan in January so if anyone wants to educate me on
Japanese Vectrex products I'll see if I can find them and make them available
for sale.

Thanks,
Eric

"EricSeattle111" <ericseattle111@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hey Guys
>
> Thanks for your responses. Let's just say that the Vectrex group of
> collectors
> is more organized than others heheh...
>
> I've listed it for sale on eBay:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8153740819

Wow! Is it that rare?!

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I think it will go up, (if you have 2 people who want it bad enough).

And for us europeans it's a bargain with current USD/EURO conversion rates.

I saw one at ebay before for USD 1000 (didn't get sold thou).

I will pass, my wife would kill me if i bought it ;o)

Happy bidding to the other (single) collectors.

Jeroen
www.vectrex.nl

"www.vectrex.nl" <vectrex@nl> wrote in message
>I think it will go up, (if you have 2 people who want it bad enough).
>
> And for us europeans it's a bargain with current USD/EURO conversion
> rates.
>
> I saw one at ebay before for USD 1000 (didn't get sold thou).
>
> I will pass, my wife would kill me if i bought it ;o)
>
> Happy bidding to the other (single) collectors.

Do what I do....

Never tell them the real price!

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

With the manual missing and the damage to the box, i wonder how high this
will end.

Jeroen
"www.vectrex.nl" <vectrex@nl> schreef in bericht

"Marc Goldman" <marc@countinghouse.co.uk> wrote in news:fJgud.116$LO1.95
@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net:

> "EricSeattle111" <ericseattle111@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Hey Guys
>>
>> Thanks for your responses. Let's just say that the Vectrex group of
>> collectors
>> is more organized than others heheh...
>>
>> I've listed it for sale on eBay:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8153740819
>
> Wow! Is it that rare?!

Last one on eBay got sold @ $400 a couple of months ago (It
had a buy-it-now and was gone before you know it)

However, that one was complete and with a near mint box.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey

I saw that one sell, and it was gone in about 4 hours after it was listed.
That's how I came up with this price.

To some people it's worth it, to some it isn't. Just a matter of preference.
Either way, this will have a new owner soon.

Thanks again,
Eric

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Just to get back to this japanese game and its 10 other known friends:

The poster coming with each of these games displays 11 games. The 12
first games available in Europe minus Blitz. American football is not
very popular in Europe neither but it was available here in France at
least. The japanese market was not ready for it. It would have been
ready for Batter up I assume...
This poster has a date code: 8305 (that means May of 1983). That is
quite late but not for Europe that had the Vectrex available at the same
period (maybe just a bit sooner).

I think Star Trek was renamed as "Harmagedon" simply because of the
Paramount Picture copyright on it. "Scramble Wars" for Scramble is a
mystery... These two games have an original packaging as well as
overlays, labels on the carts and docs.

The 9 others games have an american box with Kousokusen stickers. The
carts here also have original japanese cart labels and docs. But the
regular overlay.

Just when you thought you had found everything for the Vectrex... :)
I still have 6 to find. And I have a spare Scramble Wars overlay
available too. :)

Nico
Sap1