Need to reformat hard disk and lost XP disc

I need to reformat my hard drive and I have Windows XP. However, I have lost
me XP disc in the process of moving. I still have the product id and special
code for the program I purchased. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to do
this? Also, is there a way to pay to get a duplicate copy sent since I have
proof of already purchasing the program? Thank you to any assistance anyone
can provide.

What will be required for proof of purchase as I don't have a receipt and I
built my own computer, so I don't think there is a manufacturer that I need
to contact.

"coreymmilb" wrote:

> I need to reformat my hard drive and I have Windows XP. However, I have lost
> me XP disc in the process of moving. I still have the product id and special
> code for the program I purchased. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to do
> this? Also, is there a way to pay to get a duplicate copy sent since I have
> proof of already purchasing the program? Thank you to any assistance anyone
> can provide.

bar

You will need to ascertain the exact version of your installation CD. Was it
XP Pro, XP Home and then was it OEM or full retail, Original version or SP1?

Contact Microsoft Technical support and see if they can supply replacement
media.

If not then try asking amongst your friends if any have the same
installation CD and then use their CD with your Product ID.

coreymmilb wrote:
> I need to reformat my hard drive and I have Windows XP. However, I have lost
> me XP disc in the process of moving. I still have the product id and special
> code for the program I purchased. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to do
> this? Also, is there a way to pay to get a duplicate copy sent since I have
> proof of already purchasing the program? Thank you to any assistance anyone
> can provide.

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you: