How to uninstall XP Pro?

I have Windows XP Pro on my PC now and want to install Windows XP Home. I had
a friend of mine install it and it was a copied disk. I have the original XP
Home that came with my computer that I want to install. The problem is that
I've converted Fat32 and NFTS so it says that I can't uninstall it. Any ideas
on how to do it??
3 answers Last reply
More about uninstall

    FAT32 or ntfs have no say in the matter whatsoever.Simply install xp cd,exit
    the info page,restart computer,boot to xp cd,at info page,select,install xp,
    new copy,delete the partition (xp pro),create one,then xp formats the hd
    and install automatically.

    "ole3475" wrote:

    > I have Windows XP Pro on my PC now and want to install Windows XP Home. I had
    > a friend of mine install it and it was a copied disk. I have the original XP
    > Home that came with my computer that I want to install. The problem is that
    > I've converted Fat32 and NFTS so it says that I can't uninstall it. Any ideas
    > on how to do it??

    Before 'changing' from Pro to Home, make sure you backup [copy to CD or
    separate partition] all your personal data. All word documents, email files
    - .pst if Outlook or .dbx for Outlook Express, etc.

    Ensure that the hard drive / partition on which Xp Pro is installed is
    formatted before or as part of the installation. These are choices available
    during setup. Boot the PC off your XP Home CD and installation will start.

    ole3475 wrote:
    > I have Windows XP Pro on my PC now and want to install Windows XP Home. I had
    > a friend of mine install it and it was a copied disk. I have the original XP
    > Home that came with my computer that I want to install. The problem is that
    > I've converted Fat32 and NFTS so it says that I can't uninstall it. Any ideas
    > on how to do it??

    Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
    the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
    you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
    > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
    uninstall option to be available.

    The only way to change from WinXP Pro to WinXP Home is to
    format the drive and start over. There is no supported downgrade path
    or technique.

    Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
    installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

    HOW TO Install Windows XP

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm