WTB: controller

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Does anyone have a controller to sell?

TIA,

Bruce
2 answers Last reply
More about controller
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    Happy New Year everybody. I wonder if Alex, Geofury & co will get a
    Vectrex game out this year. That would be very cool.

    Bruce, if you want a good Vectrex controller goto
    classicgamecreations.com
    this site is produced by Vectrex programmer John Dondzila. He has, or
    used to have, converted Sega Megadrive controlllers that he sold for
    something like US$19.95 or US$24.95.

    I find these converted controllers actually better for playing game
    such as Gravitrex as the buttons are closer together, therefore easier
    to use. Though I must say I still prefer the classic MB/GCE Vectrex
    controller for playing I, CYBORG. I like it in I, Cyborg when you use
    only one hand to fire all buttons when the aliens are coming at you
    from all directions. Left, then right, then straight ahead. Wicked!

    BTW, why buy an X-Box when the Vectrex has cool vector goodness. I
    think it's a tie for first place Vec homebrews at the moment. I can't
    split Garvitrex, Protector and I, Cyborg. We are priveledged having
    some good guys writing Vectrex games right now and I'm yet to try the
    Thrust game. Happy New Year everybody.
    Regards,

    Daniel.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:33:19 -0800, Nubian wrote:

    > Happy New Year everybody. I wonder if Alex, Geofury & co will get a
    > Vectrex game out this year. That would be very cool.
    >
    > Bruce, if you want a good Vectrex controller goto
    > classicgamecreations.com
    > this site is produced by Vectrex programmer John Dondzila. He has, or
    > used to have, converted Sega Megadrive controlllers that he sold for
    > something like US$19.95 or US$24.95.

    not sure if Clay Cowgill still has the Playstation to Vectrex convertors
    available but they are sweet and professional looking.

Console Gaming Controller Games Video Games