WTB: controller

Last response: in Video Games
Share
December 30, 2004 1:18:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Does anyone have a controller to sell?

TIA,

Bruce

More about : wtb controller

December 31, 2004 4:33:19 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Happy New Year everybody. I wonder if Alex, Geofury & co will get a
Vectrex game out this year. That would be very cool.

Bruce, if you want a good Vectrex controller goto
classicgamecreations.com
this site is produced by Vectrex programmer John Dondzila. He has, or
used to have, converted Sega Megadrive controlllers that he sold for
something like US$19.95 or US$24.95.

I find these converted controllers actually better for playing game
such as Gravitrex as the buttons are closer together, therefore easier
to use. Though I must say I still prefer the classic MB/GCE Vectrex
controller for playing I, CYBORG. I like it in I, Cyborg when you use
only one hand to fire all buttons when the aliens are coming at you
from all directions. Left, then right, then straight ahead. Wicked!

BTW, why buy an X-Box when the Vectrex has cool vector goodness. I
think it's a tie for first place Vec homebrews at the moment. I can't
split Garvitrex, Protector and I, Cyborg. We are priveledged having
some good guys writing Vectrex games right now and I'm yet to try the
Thrust game. Happy New Year everybody.
Regards,

Daniel.
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 8:41:14 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:33:19 -0800, Nubian wrote:

> Happy New Year everybody. I wonder if Alex, Geofury & co will get a
> Vectrex game out this year. That would be very cool.
>
> Bruce, if you want a good Vectrex controller goto
> classicgamecreations.com
> this site is produced by Vectrex programmer John Dondzila. He has, or
> used to have, converted Sega Megadrive controlllers that he sold for
> something like US$19.95 or US$24.95.

not sure if Clay Cowgill still has the Playstation to Vectrex convertors
available but they are sweet and professional looking.
!