Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Vectrex owners near Carins or Queensland, Australia

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 3:10:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hi

Anybody out there near me in general.

Also, anybody with electronics/engineering skills.

Just got another Vectrex ;) 

--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
January 6, 2005 8:29:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hello Wayne,

I live in the same country as you (Australia) and I own 4 Vectrex units
and the whole series of games. I live down in Tasmania. I know nothing
of electronics/engineering. I would recommend the following vectrex
homebrews though:

I, CYBORG
GRAVITREX
PROTECTOR
YASI.

All top quality games from dedicayed Vec programmers.

Regards,

Daniel.
Wayne wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anybody out there near me in general.
>
> Also, anybody with electronics/engineering skills.
>
> Just got another Vectrex ;) 
>
> --
> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:44:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Thanks Daniel

I know there is local Vectrex people in Cairns, because a number of the
units still turn up at the dumps recycling shop, pity they aren't here. I
was wondering if there is so many working Vectrex's that must be going to
land fill (from which they are worthless) is it worth put classified ads
in our local papers for anybody who knows of any Vectrex's to contact us,
give it way or sell it, rather than dump it?

Still, with the idea of a futuristic Vectrex game system (I shouldn't
mention this as there seems to be virtually nobody here and nobody seems
internested). In Asia you can contract manufacture things, I wonder if
there is enough of us to order a batch of units, with ongoing sales to new
users.

Where has everybody gone, are there some Vectrex Web forums everybody
hangs out at? It is a pity everybody has left news so much and left the
spam etc.


Wayne.


On 6 Jan 2005 17:29:25 -0800, Nubian <dfoot@tassie.net.au> wrote:

> Hello Wayne,
>
> I live in the same country as you (Australia) and I own 4 Vectrex units
> and the whole series of games. I live down in Tasmania. I know nothing
> of electronics/engineering. I would recommend the following vectrex
> homebrews though:
>
> I, CYBORG
> GRAVITREX
> PROTECTOR
> YASI.
>
> All top quality games from dedicayed Vec programmers.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel.
> Wayne wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Anybody out there near me in general.
>>
>> Also, anybody with electronics/engineering skills.
>>
>> Just got another Vectrex ;) 
>>
>> --
>> Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
> http://www.opera.com/m2/
>



--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 9:44:11 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>Where has everybody gone, are there some Vectrex Web forums everybody hangs out at?<<

This is it! Welcome to the devoted Vectrex minority. We are here!
Vectrex discussion takes place here.

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:13:09 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I'm sure here was ten to 20 times more people here 5 years ago :( 

Wayne.


On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:30:24 -0500, Rob Mitchell
<"solder_guy"@(what_is_this)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> Where has everybody gone, are there some Vectrex Web forums everybody
>>> hangs out at?<<
>
> This is it! Welcome to the devoted Vectrex minority. We are here!
> Vectrex discussion takes place here.
>
> Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA



--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:13:10 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:13:09 +1000, Wayne wrote:

> I'm sure here was ten to 20 times more people here 5 years ago :( 

nope.

>
> Wayne.
>
>
> On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 16:30:24 -0500, Rob Mitchell
> <"solder_guy"@(what_is_this)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>>> Where has everybody gone, are there some Vectrex Web forums everybody
>>>> hangs out at?<<
>>
>> This is it! Welcome to the devoted Vectrex minority. We are here!
>> Vectrex discussion takes place here.
>>
>> Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA
Anonymous
January 9, 2005 2:13:11 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

unclefreddy wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:13:09 +1000, Wayne wrote:
>
>
>>I'm sure here was ten to 20 times more people here 5 years ago :( 
>
>
> nope.

I agree. Just had a quick check through google and I think there was a
_similar_ number of people back then. Maybe slightly more, maybe not,
but definitely not 10x or anything like that.

Roberto/.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:17:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Well they must all be on holiday or something, then again 1997 was the
last time I spent any significant time here.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 21:15:02 +0000, Roberto Nerici <rn@bloggo.org> wrote:

> unclefreddy wrote:
>> On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 23:13:09 +1000, Wayne wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sure here was ten to 20 times more people here 5 years ago :( 
>> nope.
>
> I agree. Just had a quick check through google and I think there was a
> _similar_ number of people back then. Maybe slightly more, maybe not,
> but definitely not 10x or anything like that.
>
> Roberto/.



--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
!