VecFlash adaptors

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I'm thinking of doing some adaptors to enable the VecFlash to be used on
other consoles.

Would anyone be interested in such an add-on ?

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>I'm thinking of doing some adaptors to enable the VecFlash to be used on other consoles. Would anyone be interested in such an add-on ?<<

Sure! Which consoles are you considering?

Rob Mitchell

FURY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>I'm thinking of doing some adaptors to enable the VecFlash to be used on
>other consoles.

What consoles are you considering?

George

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> schreef in bericht
> I'm thinking of doing some adaptors to enable the VecFlash to be used on
> other consoles.
>
> Would anyone be interested in such an add-on ?

I'd personally love to have a VIC-20 adaptor. Don't know how much interest
there would be compared to the regular Vectrex version though.
The size of the games would be right for the VecFlash.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>Which consoles are you considering?

ColecoVision to start with, then probably the 5200, VIC20 etc

It'll hold 16 games selected by dip switches on the adaptor PCB

The VecFlash will be programmed using the Vectrex first, then the cart
plugged into the console via the adaptor (easier this way)

I have the ColecoVision proto built already, just don't have the console to
test it on yet.

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Sure ! I will gladly buy them !
Which consoles are you considering? Atari 2600 ? 7800 ?

George Anastasiadis
Greece

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Despite all prevention efforts, "Richard Hutchinson"
<richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in

> I'm thinking of doing some adaptors to enable the VecFlash to be used on
> other consoles.
>
> Would anyone be interested in such an add-on ?

You betcha. Matter of fact, I just starting working on some Colecovision
stuff, so that would be sweet...

--
Slor

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

.......I've had a REAL brain wave -

I'm going to build just ONE adaptor with the dip switches and
microcontroller, which you can then connect to ANY of the ready-built
Atariage boards.

So, once you have the 'motherboard' it'll be up to you which system you want
to use the VecFlash on, i.e. just buy the board of your choice from
Atariage.

At the moment they do -

ColecoVision
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari 8 bit (400,800,XL,XE)

Just got to find someone who makes EPROM boards for VIC20, CBM64

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

........just thought of something that's cool - you'll be able to have 16
mixed games for different systems on the same cart.

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>>I'm going to build just ONE adaptor with the dip switches and microcontroller, which you can then connect to ANY of the ready-built Atariage boards.<<

Oh my gosh!! you're about to blow the whole multicart business out of
the water!!! BOOM! :)

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Richard Hutchinson-san wrote:

> At the moment they do -
>
> Atari 8 bit (400,800,XL,XE)

Whoa, man. I'm in! :)
--
// }{idehiko ()gata "I hope I didn't hurt you too much
\X/ Amiga since '86 when I killed you..." - Elmer Fudd

bekkoame is a classic Japanese candybar.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>what about the intellivision?

Not possible, as the Intellivision uses 16bit ROM - you'd need 2 VecFlash
units hooked to one adaptor, and some other electronics to make it work.

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Darn,
Maybe thats why the intellivision multi cart is so rare :)

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hi Richard;

As I suggested you through email two weeks ago, would be good an adapter
for the Amstrad GX4000/CPC+; the cartridges for this system are not easy
to get (I only have the Burnin Rubber:( )

Regards :)

"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> BTW anyone know if the Atari 5200 is rare in the UK ?

It wasn't released in the UK Richard, we just got the 2600 and the 7200.

A UK collector friend of mine has a complete collection with all games etc.
There's a fair chance he has a spare machine; I'll ask him anyway, let me
know if you want his details.

cNp

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>I'll ask him anyway, let me know if you want his details.

Yes please

I need to get hold of all the consoles to test the adaptor on

Richard H.

> Here's some pic's of the proto VecFlash adaptor -
>

> Adaptor - www.vectrex.biz/VFa-1.JPG
>
> Cable - www.vectrex.biz/VFa-2.JPG
>
> Adaptor with cable and VecFlash - www.vectrex.biz/VFa-3.JPG
>

> Final design will probably have this switch instead of the dip -
>
> http://www.rapidelectronics.co.uk/images/siteimg/80017001.jpg

Wow, that looks really cool. Would be great to have that for my VIC-20. Are
those rotary switches durable enough?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>Are those rotary switches durable enough?

That's something I need to find that out before I start soldering them onto
the boards.

I have some coming this week, so I'll give one a hammering and see what
happens :)

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Nice pics, I am impatient to be able to use the adapter :)

Regarding the GX4000, besides the link that I gave you with information in
my previous answer, a friend has given me these images that maybe you find
interesting.
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/9761/cartucho1.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/7016/cartucho2.jpg
http://img55.exs.cx/img55/4092/cartucho3.jpg

I hope that you can be able to adapt the VecFalsh to this system. Today in
eBay a guy has paid 330€ for only one GX4000 cartridge :O

Dave O.S.

> >Are those rotary switches durable enough?
>
> That's something I need to find that out before I start soldering them
> onto the boards.
>
> I have some coming this week, so I'll give one a hammering and see what
> happens :)

LOL heheh, the poor thing :^)

I know there are versions with knobs, but the only ones I know about are
pretty large.

I converted a standard 16KB VIC-20 Memory expansion cartridge to a floppy
loadable RAM cartridge (with write protect switch and a reset button). That
worked great, but now it seems one of the RAM chips is worn out :^(