New Vectrex Game NEBULA COMMANDER free for download

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Attention Vectrex Game Fans,

I have completed my second vectrex game, NEBULA COMMANDER.
You can download the zip file here:

http://members.cox.net/~caker13/nebula

Instructions in a PDF and the game in a BIN file are included in the
ZIP file. NEBULA COMMANDER is designed to be most fun in a 2 player
simultaneous game, but does include a computer controlled enemy for 1
player gameplay with a single controller. Gameplay is real-time
strategy with players commanding space stations, building vehicles and
missiles, mining space crystals and running defenses.

Email comments/questions welcome, especially if you test this out on
your vectrex and not just the emulator! I welcome your feedback.

caker
at
yahoo
dot
com

ps - I appologize if this double posts, but it did not make it up after
40 hours. I really want you to try the game :)

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Umm Cool! Let me set up my Vectrex and VecFLASH cart!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Thanks for the commments, the AI was actually pretty fun to write. A
set of rules (4 X more rules than in REVECTOR) with some randomization
and computer reflexes makes a fairly challenging opponent. Just like
in revector note that the computer enemy uses the same interface with
the game code that the player would, so all physics and speed rules are
obeyed! I hope everyone enjoys the game (or at least gives it a try).
I am particularly proud of the smooth motion of the objects in the
game. It takes a few neat tricks to scroll an object very slowly
across the entire playfield of the vectrex at an arbitrary speed (oh
and move up to 17 objects simultaneously with no slow downs). I also
rewrote the randomization routine to be more random (which you won't
really notice well on the emulator). I got to reuse my vector numerals
/ printing routine from REVECTOR, along with countless other utility
routines.

caker

Richard Hutchinson wrote:
> I haven't really got into it yet (too busy with projects) but it
looks
> really great.
>
> Keeps reminding me of deathstars for some reason
>

> I like the computer AI when it's trying to take the space crystals
away from
> you - very nice
>

> Thanks for writing and sharing it !
>

> Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I haven't really got into it yet (too busy with projects) but it looks
really great.

Keeps reminding me of deathstars for some reason

I like the computer AI when it's trying to take the space crystals away from
you - very nice

Thanks for writing and sharing it !

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

This game really rocks! Great gameplay!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

caker137@yahoo.com wrote in news:1105660862.232317.254840
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Attention Vectrex Game Fans,
>
> I have completed my second vectrex game, NEBULA COMMANDER.
> You can download the zip file here:
>
> http://members.cox.net/~caker13/nebula
>
> Instructions in a PDF and the game in a BIN file are included in the
> ZIP file. NEBULA COMMANDER is designed to be most fun in a 2 player
> simultaneous game, but does include a computer controlled enemy for 1
> player gameplay with a single controller. Gameplay is real-time
> strategy with players commanding space stations, building vehicles and
> missiles, mining space crystals and running defenses.
>
> Email comments/questions welcome, especially if you test this out on
> your vectrex and not just the emulator! I welcome your feedback.
>

> caker
> at
> yahoo
> dot
> com
>

> ps - I appologize if this double posts, but it did not make it up after
> 40 hours. I really want you to try the game :)

Looks&sounds cool! And very original too!

I haven't played it yet, but I will very soon!

Thanks a lot for sharing & programming!

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Thanks Richard and Rob! I really appreciate the feedback! I am glad
someone tried it 2 player too! It is usually the case with 2 player
simultaneous games that 2 player mode is the most fun (and tends to
have the most replay value in my opinion).

I hope everyone with a vectrex has a chance to enjoy the game (or at
least try it :).

caker

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

This game is FABULOUS with 2 players

(Discovered the trick with the tractor beam is just to guide the crystal
towards your station and then let gravity do the rest)

It's got to be one of the best, addictive 2 player games on the Vec

Really excellent work Craig !

Richard H.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

dgo <bakkerpReMoVe@xs4all.nl> wrote in news:Xns95E4868D51CB696969@
194.109.133.29:

> caker137@yahoo.com wrote in news:1105660862.232317.254840
> @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Attention Vectrex Game Fans,
>>
>> I have completed my second vectrex game, NEBULA COMMANDER.
>> You can download the zip file here:
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/~caker13/nebula
>>
>> Instructions in a PDF and the game in a BIN file are included in the
>> ZIP file. NEBULA COMMANDER is designed to be most fun in a 2 player
>> simultaneous game, but does include a computer controlled enemy for 1
>> player gameplay with a single controller. Gameplay is real-time
>> strategy with players commanding space stations, building vehicles and
>> missiles, mining space crystals and running defenses.
>>
>> Email comments/questions welcome, especially if you test this out on
>> your vectrex and not just the emulator! I welcome your feedback.
>>

>> caker
>> at
>> yahoo
>> dot
>> com
>>

>> ps - I appologize if this double posts, but it did not make it up after
>> 40 hours. I really want you to try the game :)
>

> Looks&sounds cool! And very original too!
>
> I haven't played it yet, but I will very soon!
>
> Thanks a lot for sharing & programming!

Well, I've played it and it is a very good game! I really enjoy playing
against the CPU. Chapeau for the routines you wrote for this *very* worthy
opponent! All I need now is someone to try the 2 player mode with.

Nice steady performance & low flicker as well!

FURY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

> It's got to be one of the best, addictive 2 player games on the Vec
>
> Really excellent work Craig !
>

> Richard H.

Agreed, the game is very original and fun!

George