Ati 9800Xt/GeForce FX 5950

CaRnaGe

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2003
Can someone please tell me when ATI plans on releasing the 9800XT card? I read around September 30th. Is that still a valid date now that Half-Life 2 has been delayed? When is the new GeForce coming out. Any information would be appreciated.

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
As far as the 5950, you can forget buying that. That card probably won't be worth your money. The current FX cards are rather piss poor performers right now. I'll go check up on the "September 30th" deal with ATi.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
GW you're like a bigger badder version of me. I diss the newbies that come in here, and you diss the forum residents! You got some balls GW:) [I would know!]

Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

"We are far less than we knew." - Bright Eyes

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Where's TheGreatGrapeApe when you need him? I looked for about 10 minutes, and I couldn't find out if the card is still being introduced at Alactraz Island on September 30th, 2003. TheGreatGrapeApe is really good at finding this stuff and so is Genetic Weapon. Sorry, I could not help you further. I'll try to keep in contact though when you post until this is resolved.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Hey, I was doing my best, I tried searching the web and found nothing man. And he did mention the 5950 in the title remember?

reever2

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2003
Yes it is still a valid date for the XT. But now that HL2 is delayed I believe it will be shipped with either an HL2 demo or just come out w/ a public benchmark tool

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
1337. Except... then your daughter would be my niece. She couldn't be on my list anymore then:( Unless maybe we moved to Virginia, anything goes there:)

Stop asking people "whats up" or "hows it goin", you know you don't give a sh*t. And noone cares how you're doing either.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
the 9800XT will ship with HL2 and it will be a September 30th most likey, however there's rumors saying that it'll be postponed. FX is rumored to come out sometime in October.

all info based from The Inquirer~~~

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
the 9800XT will ship with HL2 and it will be a September 30th most likey
I'm sorry to bust your bubble, but did you catch my thread about HL2 being delayed for sure? It's now confirmed by Valve.

Here let me go find a link to it:

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=370187#370187" target="_new">http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=370187#370187</A>

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
It was suppost to be released 2 days ago here in the uk. And then at the last minute, all the shops got told to hold the stock and now the date is sometime in November. This sucks!!!

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1284380" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

Where's TheGreatGrapeApe when you need him?
HEhe! Eating PiG. Big roast yesterday at a friend's place by the river. And I tried 'Three Stooges Beer' for the first time. Not bad, but nothing special.

However I was almost tempted to leave you to GW. :evil:
Yeah GW's got the balls of steel, and as such they need to be polished alot (WS' job :eek: ).

Ok, this is what I've heard so far. Sept 30 is STILL on. ATi will release the R9800XT, however they are in short supply according to the Inquirer.
As for HL2, the version shipping with the ATI cards is supposed to be a stripped down version compared to the one that is delayed. It is likely that the delay is required to re-work some kinks out (mainly nV related, but I've also read there are still AA issues), and also due to more extensive STEAM support )and perhaps the addition of non-Steam related multi-player [that has ruffled ALOT of feathers]).

That's the basics of what's floating around the web. Like I posted earlier (the Inquirer arcticle) expect the R9800XT to show up in small quantities so you may not find any at your local store, just a few and then they're gone. Expect it to be like the FX5800U release. Just a flash and then adios.

Hope that helps. And yeah GW was right, you went straight for the FX. Be subtle like, saying the R9800XT will likely be out long before the FX5950, by which time the FX will be just a ghost keeping the nV name in the news until the NV40 arrives. See, you answer the question but also take a dig at nV :wink:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
That'll be cool if the radeon 9800XT owners get a demo of the game like you say. I'm also kind of excited about the HL2 benchmark. Willl it let you change all the settings and confiiguration and let you view the engine's capabilites and performance straight on your computer through a flyby demo or something. If the benchmark does something along these lines, i'll be really REALLy satisfied and at ease.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
I'll gladly be GW's ball-polishing apprentice, he can teach me all he knows:) And I can hit on his daughter!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
..............bad WS.....

120% nVidia Fanboy

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
No...actually I would prefer my daughter hanging out with a computer dork(Willamette) then the little dirtbags she's befriended lately...
Besides, I <b>am</b> the one who sent him pics of her. She was ok with it. She's beautiful and she knows it:)

<b>I help because you suck</b>

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Im not a computer dork GW! Well, sort of. Im not the flanel shirt + glasses wearing bill-gates type who sits at home coding. I have friends, a variety of hobies, and do stuff besides stare at a computer screen. And I hear chicks think im pretty hot:) At least I'll be able to get a job that dosn't involve the phrase "Would you like fries with that?" like it sounds the people shes hangin out with are gonna have. And hey, I play the fvcking guitar! That automatically raises me a level or two on any chicks <A HREF="http://www.intellectualwhores.com/masterladder.html" target="_new">ladder</A> (read a few pages of that its actually very interesting/entertaining). Me and a few friends are starting a band too, we just need a bass player.
But remember you said she was nervous and trying to hide her face in those pics GW! I could use a few more:)
She is cute though, and with someone as bad-ass as GW for a father shes gotta be awesome!
I should chat with her sometime online.
**Hopes she has a high-res webcam!**

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
ya u spend more time flaming noobs then discuss important issues :D:D:D:D:D

120% nVidia Fanboy

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
That ladder site is some funny sh*t. True, too. Oh yeah, and GW is DEFINITELY the forum-daddy. I wish my dad was as BADASS as GW!!!

Who's your daddy? DADDYWAGS!!!!!!

<b>nVidia cheated on me so I left her for ATi. ATi's hotter anyway...</b>