display problems "desparate"

i have a red tint on my monitor but only when a screensaver or wallpaper is
active, for instance, if i click the start menu the red tint goes away and
everything is normal.

Hi,

Update or reinstall your display drivers. Do this from the manufacturer of
the video card, not Windows Update.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/