Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I already own all the NeedForSpeed series, so those don't count.

Are there any PC racing games that can match up to PS2's Gran Turismo: A-Spec??? Suggestions and recommendations are welcomed (even if a game isn't neccessarily new (2000 or newer)).

BTW-I don't like racing games where I go in circles all day long =).

Disregard my previous post.

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
if u have a good comp, good conection and willing to pay a few clams a month, try motor city online.

does it have to be car racing or it can be any type of racing? ill help but tell me specifically what type of racing...

--------------------------------------------------
My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
ohh btw, in Gta 3 u get to do cool racing.
also i would recommend midtown madness 2... but those are car racers only.

if not wait around 15-20 days and get need for speed hot pursuit 2

My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by grassapa on 09/03/02 09:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
>>does it have to be car racing or it can be any type of racing?

Good question!! I forgot to mention it--no, the games don't have to car racing. It can be moto racing, boat racing, etc...as long as it's good =)

Yeah, can't wait for Hot Pursuit 2 myself!

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
well if you want a car racing where you loop around, then you dont have many choices(btw gran turismo is a great game, but you make loops...). midtown madness series are pretty cool and offer freedom. 4x4 evo are cool too, but u kinda make loops. or try do collin mcrae rally racing by codemasters. its has nice graphics and rally racing its kinda fun.

My computer is so fast it proves the theory of relativity wrong... :eek:

darkat

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
well I play mostly shooters, but I would say my favorite racing game would be motorcross madness 2, It has 4 differant modes of racing or you can just go for a ride.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Well, If you have a beefy computer like a XP2000 with at least a Geforce4Ti Card and 768mb RAM then I recommend "Burning Rubber" and "Spy Hunter" for ya, don´t bother playing them without anything less than a XP2000 because you will get framerates as low as 8000
per second and we all know how annoying it can be playing games with less than that.

<font color=red>I don´t need a sig</font color=red>

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
EA Sports F1:2002 = king of racing, but only for beefy systems as mentioned in the post above.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Thanks guys!
I'll try out madness 2 and NASCAR.
As far as william's and jake's suggestions, I guess I can't play those games because I "only" have a shitty T-Bird 1450 and Radeon 8500 =(. It's all good though, the other two games should keep me busy for a while!

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
oi, i forgot, pick up Revolt off the 10 dollar bargain shelf if you like Radio Controlled cards=) that games a BLAST+)!

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out