SELECT SKIN FILE WINDOW

valerie

WHENEVER WE GO TO GO TO A NEW WEBSITE THIS WINDOW POPS UP THAT HAS "SELECT
SKIN FILE ON THE TOP AND THEN HAS A DROP DOWN BOX AS THOUGH YOU WERE GOING TO
BROWSE YOUR COMPUTER. WE HAVE TO HIT CANCEL EVERYTIME TO CLOSE THE WINDOW.
HOW CAN WE GET RID OF THIS WINDOW SO IT WILL NOT POP UP

Change 'Theme' in the Display app in Control Panel.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C4AEEB-335A-4558-8F7B-DB9C02B321F9@microsoft.com...
> WHENEVER WE GO TO GO TO A NEW WEBSITE THIS WINDOW POPS UP THAT HAS "SELECT
> SKIN FILE ON THE TOP AND THEN HAS A DROP DOWN BOX AS THOUGH YOU WERE GOING TO
> BROWSE YOUR COMPUTER. WE HAVE TO HIT CANCEL EVERYTIME TO CLOSE THE WINDOW.
> HOW CAN WE GET RID OF THIS WINDOW SO IT WILL NOT POP UP

Mark,

I have tried your suggestion, and with all users of my computer, but it does
not seem to have fixed the problem. Any other suggestions?

Adam

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Change 'Theme' in the Display app in Control Panel.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Valerie" <Valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C4AEEB-335A-4558-8F7B-DB9C02B321F9@microsoft.com...
> > WHENEVER WE GO TO GO TO A NEW WEBSITE THIS WINDOW POPS UP THAT HAS "SELECT
> > SKIN FILE ON THE TOP AND THEN HAS A DROP DOWN BOX AS THOUGH YOU WERE GOING TO
> > BROWSE YOUR COMPUTER. WE HAVE TO HIT CANCEL EVERYTIME TO CLOSE THE WINDOW.
> > HOW CAN WE GET RID OF THIS WINDOW SO IT WILL NOT POP UP

Go to Start/Run, and type MSCONFIG then look at the STARTUP TAB, to uncheck unwanted, checked items

The new MS beta for Antispyware has an "Advanced Tools" menu item that allows you to identify the maker and use of items on the
Windows startup list. It's called "System Explorer"

MS Antispy software, and FAQ - Download MS anti-spyware beta :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en and read the FAQ -

Mark L. Ferguson