Tablet

Dear Friends

I am Hemeid from Egypt
I am radio correspondent,i plane to buy a tablet that i can check news every moment,read books when i traveled from place to other,check my mails,send files to others,listen to music,good camera,play games,..........ext.

I have many books in PDF i want to transfer them to the tablet.
It should support 2G,3G connection because i do not have Wi_Fi in my city,
I will buy from USA

Which brand you recommend,which model,the link for that model?

Bye
20 answers Last reply
More about tablet
  1. Hello hemeid;

Does your mobile phone have 'Hotspot' capability?

A mobile hotspot (like some cell phones) connects to the Internet via a cellular network, and then creates a Wi-Fi hotspot that can connect any Wi-Fi-enabled device (like a tablet or notebook) within about 30 feet.

That would get you more option in choice of tablet and also not require a 2nd mobile data service account just for the tablet.
  2. Thank you

No MY cell phone has not "Hotspost".
    In my country Egypt,If i get mobile data service account just for tablet it will be cheaper than using a voice mobile communication as Hotspot.
  3. 3 Tablets to look at:
    Acer Iconia Tab A501
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or 8.9
    iPad 2 (or iPad 3 when available)
  4. It would be a decent choice if you can't get a good deal on one of the other 3 I mentioned.

Sony Tablet S review @ C/net

Sony Tablet S review @ PC Advisor
  5. I have question about Samsung
    http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxytab/10.1/spec.html

where i can get in USA,because on that link it did not show the model number or name?
    Another question does it support Arabic language?
  6. Devices that are updated with Android 4.0 (aka 'Ice Cream Sandwich') have improved support for Arabic language.
    ANDROID 4.0 (android ice cream sandwich) OS SUPPORTS ARABIC LANGUAGE

Do you need an 'unlocked' model or will you get 3G/4G service from a mobile provider over here?
  7. I will get 3G service
  8. i need unlock model too
  9. You should be able to pick one up at any Verizon mobile store where ever you happen to be.
  10. For an unlocked model - that means they don't come with 3G/4G service.
    And you can't pick them up at wireless service providers.
  11. in Egypt i am using Vodafone usb modem with Sim card that i can pick internet.
    I need atablet that i can use that sim card with it.
    I am sorry that i ask alot of question.
  12. Contact Vodafone and see if your SIM will work with a tablet.
  13. It will work.
    i need a tablet that i can use my SIM with it?
    Because in USA for example you can buy an ipad but you should have contract with AT&T?
  14. I have no idea what models of Tablets work with Vodafone SIMs, sorry.
    Contact Vodafone to learn what models will work.
  15. I like that tablet from Samsung
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_10_1_3g-3892.php
    It cost around 600$
    http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-GT-P7500-Honeycomb-Tablet/dp/B005H3I3AO

What is your opinion?and can i update the Android OS, v3.1 (Honeycomb) to ANDROID 4.0 (android ice cream sandwich) OS when it is available?and how long the battery will life if browsing?
  16. Galaxy Tab 10.1 is a good option. ICS/Android 4.0 update is already available.
    $600 is about the right price.

Battery life is - up to 9 hours. It can vary according to how bright you make the screen and if you're connected by WiFi or 3G radio (uses more power).

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 review
  17. when i will get it.
    it will be possible to use Android 4.0?
  18. Samsung Confirms Android 4.0 ICS Update for Galaxy Tab Series
    No. ICS is not yet available in all areas, for all devices.
    It will probably come with 3.1 and you can update to 4.0 when it's available in your area.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, 8.9, and Note also getting Android 4.0 ICS “soon”
  19. Thank you so very much.
    Last question,as you see the Samsung will cost 600$.
    If i will buy a mobile phone with Hotspot,which tablet has Wi-Fi only and meet my needs you recommend if my budget 400$maximum?and If my budget 500$?

i like Sony tablet S
    http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666369301
    What is you opinion?
Ask a new question

Read More

Tablets Laptops Books