Amiga VecFlash loader

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I found a serial cable adapter and was finally able to try the VecFlash
loader for Amiga. It worked perfectly right away! I like how it keeps you
updated on what it's doing during the flashing process.
My Amiga is an Amiga 4000 Kickstart 3.0 with a Cyberstorm PowerPC 604e/68060
card.

Took a quick look at the recent homebrew games and they look quite cool
indeed.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Milan, I'm glad you're using it, as Hidehiko did a reallly great job coding
it.

Just got to find someone to do the Mac conversion - any offers ?

Richard H.

Milan Pollé wrote:

> I found a serial cable adapter and was finally able to try the VecFlash
> loader for Amiga. It worked perfectly right away! I like how it keeps
> you updated on what it's doing during the flashing process.

Ahh a feedback, at last! :D

However little a utility it may be, I had a great time coding it...
kinda like watching two old friends hit it right off. I hope
the program serves you well!

> My Amiga
> is an Amiga 4000 Kickstart 3.0 with a Cyberstorm PowerPC 604e/68060
> card.

Nice system ;). May I add you to the "Testers" section in the doc?

--
// }{idehiko ()gata "I hope I didn't hurt you too much
\X/ Amiga since '86 when I killed you..." - Elmer Fudd

bekkoame is a classic Japanese candybar.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Hidehiko Ogata" <hog@aqu.candybar.ne.jp> schreef in bericht

> Ahh a feedback, at last! :D

Heheh, sorry about the delay, I wasn't aware that I already had a serial
cable adapter lying around in a drawer.

> However little a utility it may be, I had a great time coding it...
> kinda like watching two old friends hit it right off.

It does give that impression, working as well as it does. I always enjoyed
programming the Amiga as well (especially OS unfriendly direct hardware
programming :^)

> I hope the program serves you well!

It seems to work great and my Vectrex is usually located next to my Amiga so
that's quite handy.

> Nice system ;)

Thanks :^) I was one of the pioneers in making software for the PowerPC
cards, with my CandyFactory software package.
When I add up the total amount of money I spent on that Amiga, it's pretty
insane. It earned itself back though :^)

> May I add you to the "Testers" section in the doc?

Absolutely. If you are planning more versions I'd be happy to try them.

Thanks for making this great tool and supporting the Amiga.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> schreef in bericht
> Milan, I'm glad you're using it, as Hidehiko did a reallly great job
> coding it.

Absolutely, it's really well done.

> Just got to find someone to do the Mac conversion - any offers ?

Sorry, can't help you there :^)

Milan Pollé wrote:

> Heheh, sorry about the delay, I wasn't aware that I already had a
> serial cable adapter lying around in a drawer.

I too have my personal "snake pit" ;).

> I always
> enjoyed programming the Amiga as well (especially OS unfriendly direct
> hardware programming :^)

Yeah, that's the Amiga vibe all right. They may have killed C=,
but there's no killing that! :^)

> I was one of the pioneers in making software for the PowerPC
> cards, with my CandyFactory software package. When I add up the total
> amount of money I spent on that Amiga, it's pretty insane. It earned
> itself back though :^)

Hehe, nice :). Shame I don't own any PPC stuff then...

> > May I add you to the "Testers" section in the doc?
>
> Absolutely. If you are planning more versions I'd be happy to try them.

Thanks! No further version is planned for now (other than potential
bugfix), but I'll keep you posted.

> Thanks for making this great tool and supporting the Amiga.

And thank you for your most kind words *^_^*

--

> I too have my personal "snake pit" ;).

I think I have a whole room that's in danger of turning into a snake pit :^)

> Yeah, that's the Amiga vibe all right. They may have killed C=,
> but there's no killing that! :^)

The C64, like the Vectrex, still seems to be doing pretty well though.

> Hehe, nice :). Shame I don't own any PPC stuff then...

If you'd be interested in having a look, there's a free regular version and
a demo version of the 'pro' one on Aminet, both work on non-PPC Amigas as
well.

> Thanks! No further version is planned for now (other than potential
> bugfix), but I'll keep you posted.

Didn't run into any bugs yet. I'll let you know if I do.

> And thank you for your most kind words *^_^*

You're welcome :^) It's always nice to see the Amiga supported with
something I'm interested in.

Best wishes,
Milan