Windows explorer crashes

When I try to open more than one drive, explorer crashes with the message
"windows explorer has encountered a problem and has to close..." This
problem is a few days old. I installed SP2 several months ago. And nothing
else since.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer crashes

    Jeremy

    Please post a copy of the error report in Event Viewer.

    Make an exact note of the precise text of any error message. Minor
    discrepancies can
    make it harder to search for information about the error message.

    You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Administrative Tools,
    Event Viewer.
    When researching the meaning of the error, information regarding Event
    ID, Source
    and Description are important.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
    click on the
    error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a button
    resembling two
    pages. Double click the button and close Event Viewer. Now start your
    message
    (email) and do a paste into the body of the message. This will paste the
    info from the
    Event Viewer Error Report complete with links into the message. Make
    sure this is
    the first paste after exiting from Event Viewer.

    --

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FCA

    Using invalid email address

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please tell the newsgroup how any
    suggested solution worked for you.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Jeremy Herman" <Jeremy Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:18B61C8F-BEBD-4CF8-AF16-C6D86CDCEA62@microsoft.com...
    > When I try to open more than one drive, explorer crashes with the
    > message
    > "windows explorer has encountered a problem and has to close..." This
    > problem is a few days old. I installed SP2 several months ago. And
    > nothing
    > else since.

    Hi there,

    Try the below work around:

    1. Click Start, run, type "inetcpl.cpl" (with out quotation marks) and click
    OK.
    2. Click the Advanced tab.
    3. Under Browsing, uncheck the "Enable third-party browser extensions
    (requires restart)" check box.
    4. Click OK.

    I recommend you scanning for spywares using the award winning Lavasoft
    Adaware software, please download from here (direct link):
    http://www.lavasoft.de/ms/index.htm

    After successfully installing the Ad-aware, please follow the steps below:

    1. Double click the Ad-Aware icon on desktop.
    2. Click "Check for Updates", "Connect" and download the latest pattern file
    if available. and click Finish
    3. Click "Start" and then "Next"
    4. After the scan is finished, click "Next"
    5. Select all the items (checkboxes) or
    (Right click on any object in the "Scan result" list and choose 'Select
    all objects')
    6. Click Next and click OK to confirm removal.

    --
    HTH
    Meena
    "Jeremy Herman" <Jeremy Herman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to open more than one drive, explorer crashes with the message
    > "windows explorer has encountered a problem and has to close..." This
    > problem is a few days old. I installed SP2 several months ago. And
    nothing
    > else since.

Windows Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP