Final Fantasy XI Benchmark.

Ok first off, this benchmark is... <b><font color=red><i>GAY</font color=red>!</b></i>

And I mean that in EVERY sense of the word (no offense to those easily offended, and to those not easily offended, BITE ME! :evil: ). Freakin Cheery little cherubs bouncing around waving! Ever wanted to take out a P90 and set things straight in the world of Fanatsy? Damn, wish I could get a mod to set these guys straight! (no pun intended)

First of the Benchmark doesn't give you a recorded benchmark number, so you have to watch the D4MN thing OVER and OVER to see changes caused by OC'ing etc. And you thought Tellitubbies was annoying! ARGGHH! :mad:

And the music will drive you crazy! Put your computer on mute (or like me put your headphones in your desk-drawer).

Alright, that being said here's my numbers, Don't expect anymore the thing is already on it's way to the recycling bin. :frown:

All run on XP2000+, WinXPPro+SP1, 512 Corsair PC3200 1 stick, KT400 board, WD800JB, R9600Pro;

OK At Stock speed <font color=green><b>(396.9/294.3)</b></font color=green>;

<b>High - 3783
LOW - 4689</b>

OC'd <font color=blue><b>(496.8/348.3)</b></font color=blue>;

<b>HIGH</b> Only (I'm not wasting my time with LOW!) - <b>4090</b>

Doesn't tell you much does it? The owrst part, the first time I ran it I walked away expecting it to RECORD MY D4MN SCORE SOMEWHERE! Sore I had to run the first High run again! :mad:

Here's their scale to guage scores by;

Cannot run – 999: “Too Weak” PC
1000 to 1499: “Easy Prey” PC
1500 to 1999: “Decent Challenge” PC
2000 to 2499:  “Even Match” PC
2500 to 2999:  “Tough” PC
3000 to 3999:  “Very tough” PC
4000 or above: “Incredibly tough” PC
7000 or above: “Impossible to gauge”

Well I always DID think I was Incredibly TOUGH, kinda like the way I like my Steaks!

I love the last one, 'Impossible to Gauge' well isn't that in and of itself a <i>gauge</i>?

Hope that edumakated y'all as well as sufficiently frightened you to save you from a similar fate! :wink:

If you're still interested, probably for masochistic reasons, then you can download the benchmark from their site;
<A HREF="http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/benchmark.html" target="_new">http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/benchmark.html</A>

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hahaha poor ape.

Why do you bother with benchmarking.
You knowyour system is fast. Just play damn games!

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

G

Captain Obvious thinks you should chill out!

<b><font color=red>Captain Obvious To The Rescue!!!</font color=red></b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
LOL indeed.
Cool name man!

<b>I am not a AMD fanboy.
I am not a Via fanboy.
I am not a ATI fanboy.
I AM a performance fanboy.
And a low price fanboy. :smile:
Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
wtf man

TARUTARUS ARE THE BOMB! diss them and get raped
and the music's awesome!!!

And it's not suppose to be a advance benchmark, it's just made to see if u can run FFXI or not -_-

anyways FFXI IS LA BOMB

And i run this on my dad's comp
Athlon XP 2500
Gf4 ti4200-8x 128mb
A7N8X

and i got 3100

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Don't worry Ape. The HL2 Benchmark that's supposed to be released that Valve promissed us should be out tommorrow. I just remembered: tommorow is the release of the Radeon 9800XT! <b><font color=green>w</font color=green><font color=red>0</font color=red><font color=orange>0</font color=orange><font color=purple>t</font color=purple><font color=blue>!</font color=blue><font color=yellow>!</font color=yellow><font color=white>!</font color=white><font color=black>!</font color=black></b>

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
the FFXI ONE IS BETTER THAN HL2!!!!

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought you guys knew by now. I benchmark for the peeps. So people have reference points.

I like the LOOK of some of the demos/benchmarks, so I always give them the once over (just finished downlaoding ShadeMark 2.0 [results to come]) It's fun, I don't stress the cards, and I think it just gives people a better idea of the BBA R9600P at 'usual' ranges (the OC mark of ~500/~350 was set by CasualCat [where are you man!?!]).

BTW, I play lots of games, and lots of game demos (just on to Midnight Club II). Don't worry I always do things for the FUN of it. I just share my experiences about benchmarks.

And yes when HL2 arrives I'll do that too. Just to share. You and CoolS (and CaptainOblivious, err Obvious :evil: ) weren't here when I first got my R9600P, when GW had his R9500P *wipe tear away from eye*, when we did it just for the heck of it, to see what's what. I will always be the forum's R9600P benchmark whore, but only to bring info. My competing days ended one terrible day months ago. In other words, I... did it all for the nookie. :cool:

Anywhoo, near bed time, gotta go get some sleep, got some long reading (thanks GW) to do tomorrow!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

G

Captain Obvious Chuckles!

<b><font color=red>Captain Obvious To The Rescue!!!</font color=red></b>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
RandalFlagg = Captain_Obvious = cat + squeeze = poop?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by UFO_WARVIPER on 09/30/03 04:03 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
If your math instructor wants to show you his isosceles triangle and see if you can find the cosine of his pants then you will! :tongue:

<b><i>Nvidia,</i> the way it's meant to be benchmarked.</b>

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
What if his isosceles triangle is inverted?

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7000747" target="_new"> 3D-2001 </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1284380" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

florek

Distinguished
May 21, 2003
Why do the elves or whatever they are have no noses? Kinda creepy. I've never played a Final Fantasy game so forgive me if it's part of the plot or something. Otherwise though, the graphics looked nice. The music was sooooooo bad and repetitive.

I scored 4405 on high res mode with:

P4 2.6 Ghz (400 FSB)
Intel 850 mobo
512Mb 800Mhz RDRAM
Windows XP Pro
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

Seems kinda low for my setup. I ran 3Dmark 2003 also and got 4897. I put all my direct3d and openGL settings to 'balanced' but they didn't seem to affect the score much. Are those scores good for my setup or not?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by florek on 09/30/03 11:31 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Well it appears you too have an 'Incredibly Tough' PC (is that like all Gristly? Medium-Well?).

I'm surprised that your system isn't THAT far ahead of mine, despite a better Card and better CPU/Mobo/Actual Use of the DDR400 . But seriously there isn't much info about how the benchmark works. I know it REQUIRES DX8, but that's all I really got out of the specs section.

I have a feeling that section at the end is what is really stressing the cards, where those elves/gnomes/Wal-Mart greeters are standing around hand gesturing at you (I've got a hand gesture for you schtoopid little TOLLS!). The beginning seems very easily render by my card.

It's too bad there isn't more info, a least breakin down the segments.

Thankfully it is off my machine. :cool:

Hopefully there will be other people unfortunate enough to Dnld it & Run it, and share their personal grief with us (It stole 1hr of my life!), so we can figure out if there is any difference when it comes to the high end cards/systems.

Oh well tonight is the time for hadeMark and hopefully HL2.

What if his isosceles triangle is inverted?
Is that anything like a Vertical smile?
Bearded Clam?
Camel Toe?

Well <b>YOU</b> asked! :evil: