XP Hang During Install

Hi All,

My computer has two 256MB DDR memory total up 512MB. My computer always hang
somtime in the middle of task. I have tried to format HDD(40G) and make a
fresh clean install, but during install its also freezes (Hang) in the
middle, it took 4-5 times reboot in order to complete. I come to know that
if I remove one of the Memory Ram(256MB) then it goes smoothly till finish
install, have proved Memory chips are good. Can anyone please share a tip on
this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Marks

Below MS sites may help: