Brett Walach

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I placed an order for (and paid for) a Vectorcade and even though Brett
Walach, the seller, originally responded the first few times I emailed
him, I haven't heard from him, or my Vectorcade, or the 120.00 or so
dollars I paid him, in over two years. The email address
(vectrex@inil.com) on his website playvectrex.com bounces. Does anyone
have any information as to his whereabouts? I would very much like to
locate this guy. I can understand unexpected personal hardships and
the resultant inability to fill orders; not refunding my money for an
item I never received, I can't or won't. Laws are getting better
concerning Internet fraud, and fraud is exactly what this feels like.
Anyway, thanks for any info.

Chad Noles
wots.taters@gmail.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I've posted here on this before, I paid for 2 plus shipping to the UK...
that was around 100 UK Pounds each so not peanuts.

I also got a reply several times but after a while of being assured mine was
next he just went quiet.

I would still accept the Vectorcades with no hard feelings but I don't
appreciate being ripped off whatever the situation.

Being in the UK makes this harder for me but I found an address via the web
that is his (I haven't used this yet).

As I say I haven't used this address yet, there seems to be a total silence
on this group when I've asked after Breet so I guess I will have to up the
ante somewhat to get my money back.

cNp

"Chad Noles" <wots.taters@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I placed an order for (and paid for) a Vectorcade and even though Brett
> Walach, the seller, originally responded the first few times I emailed
> him, I haven't heard from him, or my Vectorcade, or the 120.00 or so
> dollars I paid him, in over two years. The email address
> (vectrex@inil.com) on his website playvectrex.com bounces. Does anyone
> have any information as to his whereabouts? I would very much like to
> locate this guy. I can understand unexpected personal hardships and
> the resultant inability to fill orders; not refunding my money for an
> item I never received, I can't or won't. Laws are getting better
> concerning Internet fraud, and fraud is exactly what this feels like.
> Anyway, thanks for any info.
>
> Chad Noles
> wots.taters@gmail.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

While I haven't talked to Brett in quite some time, I can say the
VectorcadeS I ordered from him were delivered without trouble. There was a
little delay in the beginning while building up orders for shipment. But
never a delay responding when I emailed Brett.

He also went the extra mile by giving me some feedback with extra opinions
above the information on the web site, plus being extra flexible on the
controller and button configuration. he also ran with the idea of a
personalized identity plate on the bottom of the unit.

I am 110% satisfied with my order. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Chris Romero

"cNp" <cparsonsukspam@aol.com> wrote in message
> I've posted here on this before, I paid for 2 plus shipping to the UK...
> that was around 100 UK Pounds each so not peanuts.
>
> I also got a reply several times but after a while of being assured mine
> was
> next he just went quiet.
>
> I would still accept the Vectorcades with no hard feelings but I don't
> appreciate being ripped off whatever the situation.
>
> Being in the UK makes this harder for me but I found an address via the
> web
> that is his (I haven't used this yet).
>
> As I say I haven't used this address yet, there seems to be a total
> silence
> on this group when I've asked after Brett so I guess I will have to up the
> ante somewhat to get my money back.
>
> cNp
>

> "Chad Noles" <wots.taters@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> I placed an order for (and paid for) a Vectorcade and even though Brett
>> Walach, the seller, originally responded the first few times I emailed
>> him, I haven't heard from him, or my Vectorcade, or the 120.00 or so
>> dollars I paid him, in over two years. The email address
>> (vectrex@inil.com) on his website playvectrex.com bounces. Does anyone
>> have any information as to his whereabouts? I would very much like to
>> locate this guy. I can understand unexpected personal hardships and
>> the resultant inability to fill orders; not refunding my money for an
>> item I never received, I can't or won't. Laws are getting better
>> concerning Internet fraud, and fraud is exactly what this feels like.
>> Anyway, thanks for any info.
>>
>> Chad Noles
>> wots.taters@gmail.com

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

>there seems to be a total silence on this group when I've asked after Brett

That's because none of us know what happened to him.

The last I heard from him, he was leaving his regular job to go back to
college, so perhaps he's got some serious financial problems or something
(you know what it's like being a student).

Richard H.

"Chris Romero" <NOSPAMTO-cromero-PLEASE@ROMERO.ORG> wrote in message
> While I haven't talked to Brett in quite some time, I can say the
> VectorcadeS I ordered from him were delivered without trouble. There was
> little delay in the beginning while building up orders for shipment. But
> never a delay responding when I emailed Brett.
>
> He also went the extra mile by giving me some feedback with extra opinions
> above the information on the web site, plus being extra flexible on the
> controller and button configuration. he also ran with the idea of a
> personalized identity plate on the bottom of the unit.
>
> I am 110% satisfied with my order. Sorry to hear you are having problems.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying

I know Brett was sending these things out as and when he could, with an
order of first come first served. I exchanged several emails and was always
happy mine were coming soon and didn't mind the wait at all.

It has however been clear for well over a year that Brett isn't going to
respond to my emails anymore let alone supply my 2 Vectorcades.

200 quid is a lot of money to write off, and it's a lot of money to get for
nothing.

Don't really know what to do next but I'll look into my options I guess.

cNp

"Richard Hutchinson" <richard.hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> >there seems to be a total silence on this group when I've asked after
Brett

> That's because none of us know what happened to him.
>
> The last I heard from him, he was leaving his regular job to go back to
> college, so perhaps he's got some serious financial problems or something
> (you know what it's like being a student).
>

> Richard H.

i am and i am, sorry. i need books. beers and medication.

spike is lame...

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I assume that as it's an overseas transaction you paid by paypal or
some method of electronic payment.

The same happened to me with an overseas seller. If you go to your
bank and ask them for a form for "Non receipt of goods" you can
complete the form, outlining the history of the transaction and enclose
any evidence of cost of the item and correspondance between yourself
and the seller (or in your case, the emails you sent that you did not
receive a reply to).

Take it back to the bank and they will consider your case. My item was
a digital card for my PDA which was £50, and Barclays gave me back
every penny of it because I'd paid on Paypal, and consequently I had
used my debit card.

Good luck
Michelle

"Brett" <markbune@aol.com> wrote in message

> i am and i am, sorry. i need books. beers and medication.

Sorry, I was after Brett Walach not mark bune.

Chad Noles wrote:
> I placed an order for (and paid for) a Vectorcade and even though Brett
> Walach, the seller, originally responded the first few times I emailed
> him, I haven't heard from him, or my Vectorcade, or the 120.00 or so
> dollars I paid him, in over two years. The email address
> (vectrex@inil.com) on his website playvectrex.com bounces. Does anyone
> have any information as to his whereabouts? I would very much like to
> locate this guy. I can understand unexpected personal hardships and
> the resultant inability to fill orders; not refunding my money for an
> item I never received, I can't or won't. Laws are getting better
> concerning Internet fraud, and fraud is exactly what this feels like.
> Anyway, thanks for any info.
>
> Chad Noles
> wots.taters@gmail.com

Can't he be contacted thru Rob Mitchel? Rob is around the forum now and
then?

"Shellski" wrote in message
news:<1111486985.867158.236430@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>... I assume
that as it's an overseas transaction you paid by paypal or some method of
electronic payment. The same happened to me with an overseas seller. If you
go to your bank and ask them for a form for "Non receipt of goods" you can
complete the form, outlining the history of the transaction and enclose any
evidence of cost of the item and correspondance between yourself and the
seller (or in your case, the emails you sent that you did not receive a
reply to). Take it back to the bank and they will consider your case. My
item was a digital card for my PDA which was £50, and Barclays gave me back
every penny of it because I'd paid on Paypal, and consequently I had used my
debit card. Good luck Michelle ----------

Thanks for the info... I did use PayPal, but it was a long time ago...
PayPal's routes for claiming back don't stretch to 2 or 3 years!

I use a CC card via PayPal that isn't with my bank... I also would have to
check but it's possible that some of the money used to pay was just funds in
my PP account from ebay sales... we'll see.

cNp

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

The most recent email that I have for him is playvectrex@comcast.net and
somewhere on a backup CD-R I have a phone # and street address. I'll see
what I can come across... You can also try going to register.com and doing a
whois on playvectrex.com...

cc

--
"Spike's Big Vectrex Page"
http://www.classicgaming.com/vectrex
--

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 02:33:12 -0800, BaronVR wrote:

> The most recent email that I have for him is playvectrex@comcast.net and
> somewhere on a backup CD-R I have a phone # and street address. I'll see
> what I can come across... You can also try going to register.com and doing a
> whois on playvectrex.com...

not much help:

E2TL, FHQWHGADS (BWA175) fhqwhgads@everybodytothelimit.com
35W916 Hillcreek Rd.
BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210
US
555-555-5555 fax: 555-555-5556

90210? hm email and phone numbers certainly look fake.

"unclefreddy" <unclefreddy@jerky.com> wrote in message
> not much help:
> E2TL, FHQWHGADS (BWA175) fhqwhgads@everybodytothelimit.com
> 35W916 Hillcreek Rd.
> BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210
> US
> 555-555-5555 fax: 555-555-5556
> 90210? hm email and phone numbers certainly look fake.

Yeah, really. Sometimes I'm so helpful, it's scary :)...

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I just received this Email from Brett.

I'm really really -really- sorry this has taken so long, but all of the
Vectorcades are finally done. I'm contacting the last 6 people to get
their current shipping address and sending these out this week via UPS.
I will email the tracking numbers as soon as I get them.

Sincerely,
Brett Walach
playvectrex@comcast.net

playvect...@comcast.net

"JetJaguar" <tdolejsi@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just received this Email from Brett.

Me too... I've interchanged some emails with Brett finally and it seems he
has finally finished the last 6 Vectorcades!!!

A happy day for me, happier when I get my hands on it too.

cNp