Dang it! Where's the HL2 Benchmark Already!

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
I've visited Planet Half-Life a couple dozen times today in anticipation of the HL2 benchmark that is supposed to be released today. I'm going to be really pissed if the Benchmark is delayed too. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any ideas or inisde info Ape or GW, (or anyone else)?

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

UFO_PREDATOR

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003
<b>Knowns</b>: Half-Life 2 has been delayed from its origional September 30th date to "Holiday Season."

<b>Unknowns</b>: Whether or not the Half-Life 2 benchmarks will be released on the proper date of September 30th.

<b>Speculations</b>: If a delay in the release of the benchmark occurs then is it possible that the delay of the game has some common relationship with the delay of the
benchmark? For example could the delays of both the game and the benchmark be due an odd marketing strategy on the part of valve?

<b>Temporary Conclusion</b>: I too am also curious as to the why the benchmark has not been released yet and would like more input from other posters on the issue.

Wait a minute there's a second UFO! Be afraid, be <b><font color=red>VERY</font color=red></b> afraid! JK.

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
Another fake user!

----------------
<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86" target="_new">My Website</A></b>

<b><A HREF="http://geocities.com/spitfire_x86/myrig.html" target="_new">My Rig & 3DMark score</A></b>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
In fact i sent the following message to 4Ryan6 who inquired me about my username. You can ask Ryan himself if you don't beleive UFO_PREDATOR to be authentic. The following is my reply to him:

The story behind my post name is this: My brother, cousin & I started an X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter clan back in 1999 or 2000. Since X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter was a space type of game we decided upon a Clan Name that would fit the world of Space, so UFO in its unnabreviated became "The United Fighter's Organization" and NOT "unidentified flying obect". We recruited about a dozen members or so, but the clan died because I had to stop playing online due to homework. My family still wears their UFO badge with pride, and we don't even play xvt anymore. When my brother get on Day Of Defeat, He always takes UFO_Predator & I always take UFO_WARVIPER. I will probably use this name in every forum I visti and every game that I play for the rest of my life. Its not a special name, nor the best by any means, but if somebody sees my name on 2 different forums or in another game they will know who I am.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
hehehehe hides HL2 benchmarks under my pants~~~~

They must have errrmm delayed it

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5950ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
waiting for aBox~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is that a benchmark in your pants, or are you just happy to see me? :evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
According to US Central timezone, Valve Software has one hour left to release the benchmark in order for them to meet the scheduled release date. Do any of y'all know where Valve Software Corporation is located BTW?

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
<A HREF="http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact.htm" target="_new">Valve's contact information</A>

telephone
425-889-9642

fax
425-827-4843

postal address
PO BOX 1688
BELLEVUE WA 98009

<b>56K, slow and steady does not win the race on internet!</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by phsstpok on 10/01/03 00:33 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Ok thanks phsstpok.

BTW, no benchmark STILL! Anyways, I'm not impressed with how Valve has been handling their fanbase lately. No, they aren't rude or anything like that. They're just unusaal with their communications. They tend to post more in forums and reply to emails rather than making a public announcement.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
AHHH two UFOS!!! I'm confused ><

120% nVidia Fanboy

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Ok, its now 20 minutes PAST midnight where I live, & still NO sign of the HL2 benchie. Valve still has almost 2 hours left to meet the September 30th golad according to U.S. Pacific time. Comeon Valve!!!

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
HL2 SUX

LONG LIVE FFXI ::D:D:D:D:D:D::DD:D:D:D:D:D

lolz

120% nVidia Fanboy

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Long live HL2 man! I'veb enn anticipating this benchamark for weeks now.