Internet Explorer shuts down

March 20, 2005 2:38:22 PM

I just installed SP2 and now when I open internet explorer it comes up for a
second then closes. If I uninstall SP2 then things are fine again. It is
almost like group policy is saying i cant run it. This is an xp home
edition.

Doing a clean boot, going into safe mode or anything I try after
reinstalling psp2 it does it still.
I have pulled the drive and scanned it on another system for virus's. I
have removed all spyware found on the system.

Any ideas or help in this?

Craig P.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:41:37 AM

Some sp2 file is corrupt. I would take it out with add/remove, and download a new copy of sp2.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!