Send Command does not recognize D & E Drives

Hello,
I recently exchanged a dvd-rom for a dvd-r/rw drive in E. This
drive also supports cd-r/rw. Drive D contains a cd-r/rw only. I was able to
make copies of my movies with the dvd drive. But soon after, I noticed that
the "Send Command" in the "My Documents File" does not recognize drives D or
E and only shows drive A which is my 3-1/2 floppy drive. I have use this in
the past, to send copies of my files to cd on drive D. I installed the E
drive myself and perhaps I made a mistake. All I can tell you is that D drive
is the master and E drive is the slave. Am I just missing a file that is part
of the Send Command? Any help appreciated.
--
Bob Jordan

Byte

If you have a master and slave on the primary IDE channel and each has only
one regular, primary partition, the master will be "C:" and the slave "D:",
etc. . This means that the master drive (on the primary channel) is the one
that is booted, and not the slave. Your boot drive is most likely "C:", thus
the master. Each drive
has a jumper, check them for a reset.

"Bob Jordan" wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently exchanged a dvd-rom for a dvd-r/rw drive in E. This
> drive also supports cd-r/rw. Drive D contains a cd-r/rw only. I was able to
> make copies of my movies with the dvd drive. But soon after, I noticed that
> the "Send Command" in the "My Documents File" does not recognize drives D or
> E and only shows drive A which is my 3-1/2 floppy drive. I have use this in
> the past, to send copies of my files to cd on drive D. I installed the E
> drive myself and perhaps I made a mistake. All I can tell you is that D drive
> is the master and E drive is the slave. Am I just missing a file that is part
> of the Send Command? Any help appreciated.
> --
> Bob Jordan

Hello,
Where would the reset be located? All I see are the jumper
locations, MA, SL, and CS. Also I forgot to mention that on bootup, there is
a message that says: Floppy disk(s) Fail (40). and I have a choice to click
on F1 to get into Windows or click Del to go into the bios section.
Meanwhile, I will check to see if the ide cables are connected according to
the installation manual.