WIndows XP

I have XP installed and I am experiencing the following problem. It is
probably a virus.

Error:
=====[snippet]

Services.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\NCObjAPI.DLL is not a valid
Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskettes.

=====[snippet]

That is all I get. get in normal mode and safe mode. I am total unable to
even get to the command prompt in safe mode. If I try to install a fresh
copy of the OS the option I get is destructive. Is there a way to clean this
virus without loosing my data? Thanks.

Byte

The NCObjAPI.DLL is a valid Windows\System32 file. Yours may be corrupt
and infested with a virus or malware. Run a virus scan immediately and then:
Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition - Download Free version and Run It!

"gmanigault" wrote:

> I have XP installed and I am experiencing the following problem. It is
> probably a virus.
>
> Error:
> =====[snippet]
>
> Services.exe - Bad Image
>
> The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\NCObjAPI.DLL is not a valid
> Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskettes.
>
> =====[snippet]
>
> That is all I get. get in normal mode and safe mode. I am total unable to
> even get to the command prompt in safe mode. If I try to install a fresh
> copy of the OS the option I get is destructive. Is there a way to clean this
> virus without loosing my data? Thanks.

Hi,

You could create a BartPE disk and include the Mcafee plug-ins, then boot
that and scan the system:
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

--
Best of Luck,