Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HP DV2000 Turns off randomly!

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
March 27, 2012 9:20:42 PM

I have this HP DV 2000 Special edition laptop : dv2470se KC448UA.
At first it wouldnt turn on at all so I replaced the motherboard with a new one from ebay and it actually turn on!!

Now it randomly shuts off...powers off i mean.
Sometimes it turn on and off in 1 second, sometimes after HP logo and other times while showing the windows logo (win 7)

Why so? It charges fine??

Also sometimes when i press the power button it doesnt turn on it shows shows the LED lights : HDD Activity, Touchpad LED and scroll lock i belive. For less than a second :o 

More about : dv2000 turns randomly

a b α HP
a c 249 D Laptop
March 27, 2012 10:42:22 PM

Hi :) 

That last line usually indicates a faulty motherboard...when you say you bought a new one...was it BRAND NEW or used ?

And was it identical ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
March 27, 2012 10:54:28 PM

Straight from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390386198356?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

Says new. It powered up before to the desktop, but then shuts down. And now I can get it to work, will a bad AC adapter do this? (then again a bad one wouldn't charge huh? and it would run fine on battery even so huh) Yea identical same model etc.

Cross out the scroll lock button
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b α HP
a c 249 D Laptop
March 28, 2012 12:31:12 AM

Terminatez said:
Straight from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390386198356?ssPageName=STRK:ME...

Says new. It powered up before to the desktop, but then shuts down. And now I can get it to work, will a bad AC adapter do this? (then again a bad one wouldn't charge huh? and it would run fine on battery even so huh) Yea identical same model etc.

Cross out the scroll lock button

Hi :) 

READ that companies NEGATIVE feedback......a lot of it is about them selling faulty used boards as new....

Get your money back...

All the best Brett :) 
March 28, 2012 1:28:21 AM

Ok im getting my full refund back! Thanks for you help, ill probably strip this laptop up and sell each part on ebay see what I make out of it !
m
l
!