Solved

HP DV2000 Turns off randomly!

I have this HP DV 2000 Special edition laptop : dv2470se KC448UA.
At first it wouldnt turn on at all so I replaced the motherboard with a new one from ebay and it actually turn on!!

Now it randomly shuts off...powers off i mean.
Sometimes it turn on and off in 1 second, sometimes after HP logo and other times while showing the windows logo (win 7)

Why so? It charges fine??

Also sometimes when i press the power button it doesnt turn on it shows shows the LED lights : HDD Activity, Touchpad LED and scroll lock i belive. For less than a second :O
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dv2000 turns randomly
  1. Hi :)

That last line usually indicates a faulty motherboard...when you say you bought a new one...was it BRAND NEW or used ?

And was it identical ?

All the best Brett :)
  2. Straight from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390386198356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3177wt_1396

Says new. It powered up before to the desktop, but then shuts down. And now I can get it to work, will a bad AC adapter do this? (then again a bad one wouldn't charge huh? and it would run fine on battery even so huh) Yea identical same model etc.

Cross out the scroll lock button
  3. Best answer
    Terminatez said:
    Straight from here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390386198356?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3177wt_1396

Says new. It powered up before to the desktop, but then shuts down. And now I can get it to work, will a bad AC adapter do this? (then again a bad one wouldn't charge huh? and it would run fine on battery even so huh) Yea identical same model etc.

Cross out the scroll lock button

Hi :)

READ that companies NEGATIVE feedback......a lot of it is about them selling faulty used boards as new....

Get your money back...

All the best Brett :)
  4. Ok im getting my full refund back! Thanks for you help, ill probably strip this laptop up and sell each part on ebay see what I make out of it !
Ask a new question

Read More

Hewlett Packard LED Monitor Laptops