FA: on eBay - Vectrex Protector Limited Edition

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"dysfunction2000" <dysfunction2000@dontemailmethanks.co.uk> wrote in message
> Now is your chance to own a limited edition of Vectrex Protector, no 97 of
> 100:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8191858289
>
> Happy Bidding...

I've been looking forward to see how much one of these will go for now.

Although I have to say, my Protector is one of the few things I'm unlikely
to sell.

It is a pity you don't have a higher rating, as that always helps bidding.

I've put in a bid to get you going, however my maximum amount certainly
isn't going to win it. Good luck!

Cheers
Marc

Marc Goldman <marc@countinghouse.co.uk> wrote:

>I've put in a bid to get you going, however my maximum amount certainly
>isn't going to win it. Good luck!

You already have one and you're bidding on his to get him going? Isn't
that considered shill bidding? You could get both ebay accounts suspended
if your post made it to the ebay fraud department.
--
martians@sdf.lonestar.org

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

No, shill bidding is when you have a friend (or yourself under a
different name) bid on your item just to drive up the price (but with
no intention of actually buying it, you don't want to actually win).

Marc is willing to actually buy the game (from the sound of it) if he
wins, he just figures he's going to get outbid before it's over...

Rik

"Rik" <noone@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> No, shill bidding is when you have a friend (or yourself under a
> different name) bid on your item just to drive up the price (but with
> no intention of actually buying it, you don't want to actually win).
>
> Marc is willing to actually buy the game (from the sound of it) if he
> wins, he just figures he's going to get outbid before it's over...

Exactly!

Hey, if I could have picked up a Protector for £50 I would have happily paid
the price!

Of course that £50 has been beaten already.

Cheers
Marc

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

WOW final price - £165.00 ($302)

FYI it's the guy who purchased the $547.00 imager

Look's like we have another Nico / Chris Romero on our hands ;-)

Richard H.

P.S. Anyone want to give me a grand for my copy :)