WINDOWS PRINTING BUG

When I set up VS to use a fixed width font with my dot matrix printer so
that it will send ASCII characters to the printer and speed up printing, VS
sends the first three or four lines as ASCII characters and then just starts
sending binary data that the printer can't print. Nothing more of the
listing gets printed. If I switch to the Generic/Text-Only printer driver,
then VS sends the first three or four lines as ASCII characters and then
just stops sending anything else!
There is something really wrong with Visual Studio and character oriented
printing. It isn't a problem with the printer and doesn't appear to be a
problem with the driver since it happens with several different printer
drivers. Does anyone know what is wrong and/or how to fix it or get around
it?

shaun

Why not get modern with a new ink jet, $30.00 or less sometimes and your
problem is solved. Does it take an hour to print one line..?