Trouble installing software

I know something like this has been asked and I have searched thru them all..
but nothing seem to pertain to my problem.I am trying to install a software
that I need for my job and it goes all the way thru the install, which takes
about 10 minutes and then I get this error:
INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.
Then I send the error report and close it, and thats it.. nothing was
installed or anything. I have XP with the service pak 2.
I went into windows install under services.msc and startup type is set at
Manual.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Barb

bar

What's the application?

Make sure you note down the detailled error message and type this in at the
Microsoft Knowledgebase Search page:
http://support.microsoft.com/search

"Barb" wrote:

> I know something like this has been asked and I have searched thru them all..
> but nothing seem to pertain to my problem.I am trying to install a software
> that I need for my job and it goes all the way thru the install, which takes
> about 10 minutes and then I get this error:
> INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.
> Then I send the error report and close it, and thats it.. nothing was
> installed or anything. I have XP with the service pak 2.
> I went into windows install under services.msc and startup type is set at
> Manual.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Barb

I can't find anything on the Microsoft Knowledgebase search page about this
problem..
Here is what I get when I look at the details:
Error Signature
AppName: _ins5176_mp
AppVer: 5.10.130.0

"BAR" wrote:

> What's the application?
>
> Make sure you note down the detailled error message and type this in at the
> Microsoft Knowledgebase Search page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/search
>
> "Barb" wrote:
>
> > I know something like this has been asked and I have searched thru them all..
> > but nothing seem to pertain to my problem.I am trying to install a software
> > that I need for my job and it goes all the way thru the install, which takes
> > about 10 minutes and then I get this error:
> > INSTALLSHIELD ENGINE HAS ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO CLOSE.
> > Then I send the error report and close it, and thats it.. nothing was
> > installed or anything. I have XP with the service pak 2.
> > I went into windows install under services.msc and startup type is set at
> > Manual.
> > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks
> > Barb

This is also something else I get:
C:\Windows\Temp\94da_appcompat.txt
Thanks for any help.. I need this software for my job and there doesn't seem
to be a CD for it.. you have to d/l it from the site.