Sign in with
Your question

Can I make my laptop act like a TV screen using an HDMI cable and an Xbox 360?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 28, 2012 5:21:17 PM

Was wondering if there was any software for my laptop Toshiba Satellite U440 that would act as an HDMI input? Basically if i could hook up my xbox 360 to my laptop using an hdmi cable and play mw3? I doubt there is but just wondering btw im running windows vista HP.
March 28, 2012 5:30:42 PM

Laptop screens do not support line in from none proprietory hardware. In short, no. Do you not have a decent televison? Chances are your t.v is higher res then you laptop moniter
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2012 5:33:06 PM

laptops support video out and not video on
Related resources
March 28, 2012 5:46:27 PM

that port is out only. if it was an input as well it still wouldnt be a good idea because any game you would play would have a 1/4 second to 2 second lag time. depending on how well the manufacturer managed to get it. it would be ok on games like The Sims but for Halo it would be terrible.
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2012 6:29:23 PM

The short answer is NO. The LCD on a notebook/laptop can't be accessed with the system's on-board HDMI port. The HDMI port on the notebook/laptop is an output port, not an input port.

Sorry.
November 22, 2012 6:35:55 AM

I use my laptop as a TV all the time, well at work. I pack my laptop and xbox, and play at work. It is possible, it's a portable TV for me. I just plug in the HDMI from the xbox to my laptop.
November 25, 2012 11:38:25 PM

Idysfunctional said:
I use my laptop as a TV all the time, well at work. I pack my laptop and xbox, and play at work. It is possible, it's a portable TV for me. I just plug in the HDMI from the xbox to my laptop.

How do you do this? Is there a trick to it? Or certain hardware/software?
November 26, 2012 4:22:35 AM

Twista209 said:
How do you do this? Is there a trick to it? Or certain hardware/software?

I have an HDMI in and out, stick it in 'in'
February 3, 2014 10:15:03 AM

u must have an HDMI cable port and an HDMI cable connected to both the PC and Xbox 360
!