Sign in with
Your question

Can I make my laptop act like a TV screen using an HDMI cable and an Xbox 360?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 28, 2012 5:21:17 PM

Was wondering if there was any software for my laptop Toshiba Satellite U440 that would act as an HDMI input? Basically if i could hook up my xbox 360 to my laptop using an hdmi cable and play mw3? I doubt there is but just wondering btw im running windows vista HP.
March 28, 2012 5:30:42 PM

Laptop screens do not support line in from none proprietory hardware. In short, no. Do you not have a decent televison? Chances are your t.v is higher res then you laptop moniter
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2012 5:33:06 PM

laptops support video out and not video on
Related resources
March 28, 2012 5:46:27 PM

that port is out only. if it was an input as well it still wouldnt be a good idea because any game you would play would have a 1/4 second to 2 second lag time. depending on how well the manufacturer managed to get it. it would be ok on games like The Sims but for Halo it would be terrible.
a b D Laptop
March 28, 2012 6:29:23 PM

The short answer is NO. The LCD on a notebook/laptop can't be accessed with the system's on-board HDMI port. The HDMI port on the notebook/laptop is an output port, not an input port.

Sorry.
November 22, 2012 6:35:55 AM

I use my laptop as a TV all the time, well at work. I pack my laptop and xbox, and play at work. It is possible, it's a portable TV for me. I just plug in the HDMI from the xbox to my laptop.
November 25, 2012 11:38:25 PM

Idysfunctional said:
I use my laptop as a TV all the time, well at work. I pack my laptop and xbox, and play at work. It is possible, it's a portable TV for me. I just plug in the HDMI from the xbox to my laptop.

How do you do this? Is there a trick to it? Or certain hardware/software?
November 26, 2012 4:22:35 AM

Twista209 said:
How do you do this? Is there a trick to it? Or certain hardware/software?

I have an HDMI in and out, stick it in 'in'
February 3, 2014 10:15:03 AM

u must have an HDMI cable port and an HDMI cable connected to both the PC and Xbox 360
less than a minute ago

Hello, there might be a solution but I don't know how good the solution is. I have never tried this solution, so I couldn't tell you how good it is. But I wanted to let you know there might be a way through this. I don't know if they manufacture expresscard notebooks anymore, but if your notebook has an expresscard slot, there is something I found on amazon called an expresscard hdmi capture card. I feel like it's not all together a good thing that I recommend something that I haven't tried personally and found to work, so whether it works for you is up to you. But if the expresscard hdmi capture card works, then theoretically you can hook up hdmi inputs into your notebook. Just thought I'd share this with you.
!