fx

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2004

Originally, I could enter an ftp site using internet explorer, then just last
week, whenever I point my browser to my ftp site or any ftp site, it just
hangs up. Don't know what the problem is. Could anybody help me on this?

My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2

Thanks,

bar

'Hangs Up' is a term applicable to say a telphone call being disconnected.

Is this what is happening, that is to say your dial up modem is being
disconnected.

"FX" wrote:

> Originally, I could enter an ftp site using internet explorer, then just last
> week, whenever I point my browser to my ftp site or any ftp site, it just
> hangs up. Don't know what the problem is. Could anybody help me on this?
>
> My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2
>
> Thanks,

fx

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2004

I guess, I used the wrong term. What really happens is that after I select an
ftp site link on my favorite list, it just show the cursur with an arrow and
an hour glass icon forever. And when I close it by clicking the "x" button,
it would say Microsoft Internet Explorer not responding.

"BAR" wrote:

> 'Hangs Up' is a term applicable to say a telphone call being disconnected.
>
> Is this what is happening, that is to say your dial up modem is being
> disconnected.
>
> "FX" wrote:
>
> > Originally, I could enter an ftp site using internet explorer, then just last
> > week, whenever I point my browser to my ftp site or any ftp site, it just
> > hangs up. Don't know what the problem is. Could anybody help me on this?
> >
> > My operating system is Windows XP Pro SP2
> >
> > Thanks,

bar

Check your settings for FTP under Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab.

Make sure that 'Folder View' is ticked.

Failing that look under the Security Tab and add the FTP site to your
Trusted Sites List.

Hope this fixes your problems.