NIS2005 Log Report links to a blank page?

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Hi

Dell4600
XP sp1
512mb

I have upgraded from NAV2003 to NIS 2005.
The problem I am facing is that when I view the log, & click on the link for
more info, i go to a blank page. No one has been able to help me with this.
I have read of others with the same problem.

Also, when i go to Eicar test site, it catches the Eicar & once again, links
to a blank page.

I unistalled NIS2995, & put NAV2003 back in. Works fine with NAZ2003. Takes
me right to Symantec's site.

TIA for any help,
Doc

sounds like a firewall issue either with nis itself or perhaps some other
firewall software product you have installed.
if you have another firewall product look here...
http://tinyurl.com/62dkx
otherwise look at this
http://tinyurl.com/6yt6s

"Doc" <Doc@nospam/nospamnet.net> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Dell4600
> XP sp1
> 512mb
>
> I have upgraded from NAV2003 to NIS 2005.
> The problem I am facing is that when I view the log, & click on the link
> for
> more info, i go to a blank page. No one has been able to help me with
> this.
> I have read of others with the same problem.
>
> Also, when i go to Eicar test site, it catches the Eicar & once again,
> links
> to a blank page.
>
> I unistalled NIS2995, & put NAV2003 back in. Works fine with NAZ2003.
> Takes
> me right to Symantec's site.
>
> TIA for any help,
> Doc

Doc

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Hi,

I think it is a firewall issue myself. I unistalled Zonealrm & Norton
Antivirus2003, before doing an install of NIS2005. I am able to access the
web with no trouble. The only thing that does not work is the LINK in the
Norton Logs. Or the Link you get when you get a virus. The pc is clean have
scanned with housecall, norton, & adware.

In the meantime I have taken it out & am getting fed up that even Symantec
never heard of this.

Until i get an answer for this i will use something else.

Thank you,
Doc