inject/eject cycle for SD/MMC

July 24, 2005 10:03:16 AM

Hi, does anyone knows abt inject/eject cycle. I learnt that some cards
actually has a limit for insert/eject cycle.

--
mike
mike's Profile: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/member.php?userid=...

More about : inject eject cycle mmc

July 24, 2005 1:40:26 PM

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 06:03:16 -0300, mike <mdepth@privacy.net> wrote:

>Hi, does anyone knows abt inject/eject cycle. I learnt that some cards
>actually has a limit for insert/eject cycle.

Not sure about the card itself but manufacturers of card recepticles
like card readers call it the "Mating and Unmating Cycle"..

For connectors (I guess wear) the average seems to be 10,000 cycles
for SD, MS, xD etc..

Probably more for the actual card contacts as they are not pivotal or
sprung.....

Pete
!