Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Installing Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 18, 2010 6:39:59 PM

Im building my first computer and I was wondering if there was anyway I could install Windows 7 from a flash drive or external hard drive when I go to set up my computer?

Thanks for any help.

More about : installing windows

a b $ Windows 7
June 18, 2010 6:46:22 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

Here u can find all the information that u need.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
June 18, 2010 6:53:51 PM

Instructions for a flash drive at Microsoft, although they are for netbooks which don't have dvd drives, the principle is the same. Why the need for a flash instalation, surely you will be fitting a dvd drive, it's not like they are expensive?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/installing-...
Related resources
June 18, 2010 7:03:18 PM

Yeah i'll have a disk drive, its just my friend is giving me a copy of his windows 7 and its an ISO file so I wasnt sure about how about setting it up this way since there would be no way to use like daemon tools or something.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 18, 2010 7:04:38 PM

Do u have ur own win 7 key?
m
l
June 18, 2010 7:34:21 PM

Yeah he has 3 and he's only used one of them.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 18, 2010 10:59:45 PM

If that is a family license he has, you can't legally use it as per his license agreement which in part states:
“If you are a ‘Qualified Family Pack User’, you may install one copy of the software marked as ‘Family Pack’ on three computers in your household for use by people who reside there.”
m
l
June 19, 2010 1:44:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah i'll have a disk drive, its just my friend is giving me a copy of his windows 7 and its an ISO file so I wasnt sure about how about setting it up this way since there would be no way to use like daemon tools or something.

Not to be pedantic, but I think that's not exactly legal.
m
l
June 29, 2010 3:39:58 AM

Best answer selected by Grybos.
m
l
!