bakkerp@xs4all.nl

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I would trade you a boxed Protector for Bandai Carts. I have one extra at
the moment.

You probably know by now that my collection is mainly for showing off at
CGExpo so the public would also have a chance to view it as well.

And for my own love too of course!

Chris Romero
cromero@romero.org
vectrex@vectrex.com

nubian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey Peijin,
I wouldn't trade your bandai carts for a PROTECTOR limited edition. No
way! If you want to trade later I could probably suggest a beter way
but not now later. There will probably be alot of leeches after your
Bandai carts now.

Bandai carts are much rarer than the Protector limited edition, and
there was no way was I eluding to a trade, bandai for LE Protector, in
my last post on the other thread.

C'mon mate, Limited Edition Protector for Vec Bandai carts. You can't
be serious. Now that's definately not a fair trade.

Regards,

Daniel.

Regards,

Daniel.

nubian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey All,
Actually maybe I am wrong and Protector LE is rarer than the Bndau
carts. My alogoes to all the so called 'leeches' I was refering to. I
am not that much of a 'know the value of everything' type of collector
I suppose. Maybe I should study th price of things a bit better but
initailly I thougt the Bandai carts were ultra rare.

Dan.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Nubian" <dfoot@tassie.net.au> wrote in news:1118905409.899531.130110
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hey All,
> Actually maybe I am wrong and Protector LE is rarer than the Bndau
> carts. My alogoes to all the so called 'leeches' I was refering to. I
> am not that much of a 'know the value of everything' type of collector
> I suppose. Maybe I should study th price of things a bit better but
> initailly I thougt the Bandai carts were ultra rare.
>
> Dan.

Hi Daniel,I'm quite aware of the rarity of things ;) but thanks for you
answer Daniel.

Don't confuse 'rarity' with availability and/of market value.

Vectrex protector limited is rarer (well, what do you expect with a 100
pieces produced) but I can easily trace down a lot of those. Bandai
stuff was produced in far greater number, but it's infinately more
difficult finding those. How many collectors do you know who have this
stuff? I've been searching very hard for these things, and it took me a
LONG while to find a couple of games. I'm not even speaking of the actual
hardware, which is near to impossible to find, let alone acquire.

It seems, relatively a very small number of these items actually still
exist (&survived?), so that explains it's rarity and only leaves a guessing
to it's actual numbers.

It's quite funny to see that, judging by the type of responses I've got,
'Bandai' still is a magic word in Vectrex land which make ppl start to
behave 'different' :rolleyes:

Cheers mate!

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

"Chris Romero" <NOSPAMTO-cromero-PLEASE@ROMERO.ORG> wrote in

> I would trade you a boxed Protector for Bandai Carts. I have one
> extra at the moment.
>
> You probably know by now that my collection is mainly for showing off
> at CGExpo so the public would also have a chance to view it as well.
>
> And for my own love too of course!
>

> Chris Romero
> cromero@romero.org
> vectrex@vectrex.com

I'll send you an email chris.

Regards,

Pepijn

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I apologize to Pepijn for that reply on the Bandai cart that went to the
newsgroup.

Sometimes I can be a real IDIOT when I sent out emails while tired.

I think my next trip to the UK (Wokingham) needs a side trip to buy someone
dinner!

Chris Romero.

> I apologize to Pepijn for that reply on the Bandai cart that went to
> the newsgroup.
>
> Sometimes I can be a real IDIOT when I sent out emails while tired.
>
> I think my next trip to the UK (Wokingham) needs a side trip to buy
> someone dinner!
>
> Chris Romero.

no worries there Chris these things happen.

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:33:53 +0000, dgo wrote:

> "Nubian" <dfoot@tassie.net.au> wrote in news:1118905409.899531.130110
> @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
>
>> Hey All,
>> Actually maybe I am wrong and Protector LE is rarer than the Bndau
>> carts. My alogoes to all the so called 'leeches' I was refering to. I
>> am not that much of a 'know the value of everything' type of collector
>> I suppose. Maybe I should study th price of things a bit better but
>> initailly I thougt the Bandai carts were ultra rare.
>>
>> Dan.
>>

> Hi Daniel,I'm quite aware of the rarity of things ;) but thanks for you
> answer Daniel.
>
> Don't confuse 'rarity' with availability and/of market value.
>
> Vectrex protector limited is rarer (well, what do you expect with a 100
> pieces produced) but I can easily trace down a lot of those. Bandai
> stuff was produced in far greater number, but it's infinately more
> difficult finding those. How many collectors do you know who have this
> stuff? I've been searching very hard for these things, and it took me a
> LONG while to find a couple of games. I'm not even speaking of the actual
> hardware, which is near to impossible to find, let alone acquire.
>
> It seems, relatively a very small number of these items actually still
> exist (&survived?), so that explains it's rarity and only leaves a guessing
> to it's actual numbers.

this is it exactly. old blues 78 speed records are a good example, there
are a number of records that there are less than 5 known copies (and sell
for more than all vectrex collectables put together!) when the original
press run was 500 to a few thousand copies. The japanese throw things out
more than americans do apparently, due to the small size of living spaces
there probably. the room I keep my videogames in is bigger than any
japanese apartment I was in.