"Documents and Settings" folders in XP

I have administrator privileges for the single user account I'm using in XP
and would like to re-name my user folder in "Documents and Settings" I also
have a surplus user folder in "Documents and Settings" which I'd like to
delete. Can anyone tell me if these two things are possible and is so, how
to go about them please?

Thanks,

Paul Osborn

Paul,

The user account home folder should not be renamed. The only (safe) option
is to create a new profile with a preferred name, and copy the files into
it. BTW, what are the names of the other folders you see under Documents and
Settings. Some are added by Windows, such as "All Users", "Administrator",
"Default User" etc.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Paul Osborn" <Paul Osborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have administrator privileges for the single user account I'm using in XP
> and would like to re-name my user folder in "Documents and Settings" I
> also
> have a surplus user folder in "Documents and Settings" which I'd like to
> delete. Can anyone tell me if these two things are possible and is so,
> how
> to go about them please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul Osborn

bar

Basically 'My Documents' cannot be changed nor can any of the 'My...' folders.

Any others you create as subfolders in these folders can be copied, moved or
deleted.

You can even 'move' the 'My Documents' folder to another drive under Wndows
control ...right click on My Documents, choose Properties and then click on
Move.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Paul,
>
> The user account home folder should not be renamed. The only (safe) option
> is to create a new profile with a preferred name, and copy the files into
> it. BTW, what are the names of the other folders you see under Documents and
> Settings. Some are added by Windows, such as "All Users", "Administrator",
> "Default User" etc.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Paul Osborn" <Paul Osborn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have administrator privileges for the single user account I'm using in XP
> > and would like to re-name my user folder in "Documents and Settings" I
> > also
> > have a surplus user folder in "Documents and Settings" which I'd like to
> > delete. Can anyone tell me if these two things are possible and is so,
> > how
> > to go about them please?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul Osborn

But the OP does not even talk about "My Documents" folder, he needs to
rename the User profile homepath. Don't confuse us.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User