Two-Player Games?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hi All! This is my first post.

I just got my second controller for my Vectrex and I'm wondering what
games are out there that let two players play simultaneously
(competitive or cooperative both). I have Space Wars, which is great,
but some variety would be nice...any head-to-head homebrews? Any
original games I've overlooked?

Thanks,
Jacob

FURY

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2004

Jacob Rose wrote:
> Hi All! This is my first post.
>
> I just got my second controller for my Vectrex and I'm wondering what
> games are out there that let two players play simultaneously
> (competitive or cooperative both). I have Space Wars, which is great,
> but some variety would be nice...any head-to-head homebrews? Any
> original games I've overlooked?
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob

Hi Jacob,

Original GCE/MB releases aside from Space Wars-
Armor Attack
Blitz
Heads-Up
Rip-Off

The latest homebrew for 2-players is-
Nebula Commander

Check www.vectrexcarts.com for that one.

George

PS...your cartridge shipped out today.

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Yeah,
I'm still waiting too! Battle Zone used to be my favorite arcade game.
Peteski

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:06:16 -0700, FURY wrote:

> Jacob Rose wrote:
>> Hi All! This is my first post.
>>
>> I just got my second controller for my Vectrex and I'm wondering what
>> games are out there that let two players play simultaneously
>> (competitive or cooperative both). I have Space Wars, which is great,
>> but some variety would be nice...any head-to-head homebrews? Any
>> original games I've overlooked?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jacob
>

> Hi Jacob,
>
> Original GCE/MB releases aside from Space Wars-
> Armor Attack
> Blitz
> Heads-Up
> Rip-Off
>
> The latest homebrew for 2-players is-
> Nebula Commander

Vecsports Boxing is 2 player. I'm drawing a blank on others ...

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Star Castle has a 2 player cooperative option (Player 2, Game 3).

Dan

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:33:17 +0000, kokovec wrote:

> Star Castle has a 2 player cooperative option (Player 2, Game 3).
>
> Dan
>
> "unclefreddy" <unclefreddy@jerky.com> wrote in message

>>> Hi Jacob,
>>>
>>> Original GCE/MB releases aside from Space Wars-
>>> Armor Attack
>>> Blitz
>>> Heads-Up
>>> Rip-Off
>>>
>>> The latest homebrew for 2-players is-
>>> Nebula Commander
>>
>> Vecsports Boxing is 2 player. I'm drawing a blank on others ...

this reminds me: whatever happened to Chris Tumber's "Zattle Bone"
wireframe tank game?

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

I just bought a copy, so now when it arrives I'll know exactly what
settings to use. Thanks!

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Mine too! It seems like some of the key players have disappeared from
the Vectrex "economy" in the last year or so (shame I didn't get into
Vectrex earlier!) - CapitalSSoftware is just gone. Any idea what
happened with Chris Tumber and Sean Kelly? No time for toys anymore?

"Jacob Rose" <labelreader@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Mine too! It seems like some of the key players have disappeared from
> the Vectrex "economy" in the last year or so (shame I didn't get into
> Vectrex earlier!) - CapitalSSoftware is just gone. Any idea what
> happened with Chris Tumber and Sean Kelly? No time for toys anymore?

I think Chris had to change his priorities after a fire in his place and
just hasn't had the time. It must be a year since I last spoke to him
though so not exactly sure what his situation is at the moment.

Alex

unclefreddy wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:06:16 -0700, FURY wrote:
>
>>Jacob Rose wrote:
>>
>>>Hi All! This is my first post.

Hello and welcome!

>>>I just got my second controller for my Vectrex and I'm wondering what
>>>games are out there that let two players play simultaneously
>>>(competitive or cooperative both). I have Space Wars, which is great,
>>>but some variety would be nice...any head-to-head homebrews? Any
>>>original games I've overlooked?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Jacob
>>
>>Hi Jacob,
>>
>>Original GCE/MB releases aside from Space Wars-
>>Armor Attack
>>Blitz
>>Heads-Up
>>Rip-Off
>>
>>The latest homebrew for 2-players is-
>>Nebula Commander
>
> Vecsports Boxing is 2 player. I'm drawing a blank on others ...

John Dondzilla's Vectropolis 500 is a multi-player (four?!) game, part
of the Vectopia cart. However it isn't a finished game. I've never
played it two-player and since it doesn't have AI cars I can't really
say how playable it is.
Thought I'd mention it for completeness :)

Regards
Roberto/.

unclefreddy wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:33:17 +0000, kokovec wrote:

>>"unclefreddy" <unclefreddy@jerky.com> wrote in message

>>>Vecsports Boxing is 2 player. I'm drawing a blank on others ...
>
> this reminds me: whatever happened to Chris Tumber's "Zattle Bone"
> wireframe tank game?

Wasn't that going to require two vectrexes for multi-player?
Hopefully using the same link cable that Alex's maze game would use...

(Worrying about compatibility between to non-existant games!)

Regards
Roberto/.

TRENDING THREADS