Asus Bios Update in DOD ?

I have the Asus A8V Deluxe, and all I see is a Dos update, I can't do
that win win XP right ?

Yes, you can, but not within windows. Rightclick your floppy icon in Explorer, and 'format' then choose the "MS-Dos boot floppy"
option. Copy the bios upgrade files to that floppy, and set your bios to boot from it. Boot and run the dos files for update, reset
the boot option, and restart windows.
bios setup access keys. Go to: http://michaelstevenstech.com/bios_manufacturer.htm
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:51 -0600, JoeT wrote:

> I have the Asus A8V Deluxe, and all I see is a Dos update, I can't do
> that win win XP right ?

Right. But you should be able to boot with a MS-DOS floppy disk (you can
create this from XP's Windows Explorer or from a www.bootdisk.com download)
and then run the update. The website for your motherboard should have
detailed instructions for running the update in this manner.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:41:51 -0600, JoeT wrote:
>
>> I have the Asus A8V Deluxe, and all I see is a Dos update, I can't do
>> that win win XP right ?
>
> Right. But you should be able to boot with a MS-DOS floppy disk (you can
> create this from XP's Windows Explorer or from a www.bootdisk.com
> download)
> and then run the update. The website for your motherboard should have
> detailed instructions for running the update in this manner.
>
> --
> Sharon F
> MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol

This board also supports ASUS EZ Flash. Assuming you have the full splash
screen enabled, it will tell you on bootup which key to hit to enter EZ
Flash. From there, all you need is a floppy with the latest BIOS file on it
from the ASUS website (the floppy doesn't have to be bootable). See the
user's guide for full instructions. You can get the user's guide in a PDF
file here:

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/a8v-deluxe/e1878_a8v_deluxe.pdf

--
Bob Horton

"Bob Horton" <no_re_horton_jr_maps@hotmail.com> wrote in message >
> This board also supports ASUS EZ Flash. Assuming you have the full splash
> screen enabled, it will tell you on bootup which key to hit to enter EZ
> Flash. From there, all you need is a floppy with the latest BIOS file on
it
> from the ASUS website (the floppy doesn't have to be bootable). See the
> user's guide for full instructions. You can get the user's guide in a PDF
> file here:

http://www.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/a8v-deluxe/e1878_a8v_deluxe.pdf

You could always just flash your BIOS from within windows using Asus
Update... I found it VERY hard to find the file, but I finally did. It
appears that it can only be located by going to Asus' "Global" website in
Taiwan. Here is a link to the download page for this Utility. The link
WILL wrap, so you will need to copy and paste the URL...

<http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/selectftp.aspx?l1_id=1&l2_id=11&l3_
id=0&m_id=1&f_name=Asusupdt60401.zip~zaqwedc>