msmoney 2004 standard mod. msisam10.dll produces error mes..

Upon closing an msmoney file, I get an error message "Money has encountered
a problem and needs to close..."
mod msisam10.dll
When this occurs, I cannot restart Money.
I can restore money from a backup file, modify the file, add or delete
transactions, download, etc...and backup again, but upon closing it the
money file crashes and cannot be restarted.
msisam10.dll is found in the money/systems file.
Solutions that have been successive tried and failed: starting sample money
file, then restoring backup; multiple file fixes; removing and re-installing
the program; exporting, then re-importing accounts into Sample file.

Nothing works. MS technical support has spent hours trying to help (and I'm
grateful), but they're stumped too. I'm threatened with loosing 4 years
financial data.
Help!

Fitz

Try your question in microsoft.public.money newsgroup. They're more likely
to have answers on MS Money.

"Ron Mineo" <rahnimineo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Upon closing an msmoney file, I get an error message "Money has
> encountered a problem and needs to close..."
> mod msisam10.dll
> When this occurs, I cannot restart Money.
> I can restore money from a backup file, modify the file, add or delete
> transactions, download, etc...and backup again, but upon closing it the
> money file crashes and cannot be restarted.
> msisam10.dll is found in the money/systems file.
> Solutions that have been successive tried and failed: starting sample
> money file, then restoring backup; multiple file fixes; removing and
> re-installing the program; exporting, then re-importing accounts into
> Sample file.
>
> Nothing works. MS technical support has spent hours trying to help (and
> I'm grateful), but they're stumped too. I'm threatened with loosing 4
> years financial data.
> Help!

As long as you have the *.mny file and the *.bak (backup file) you "aren't"
going to loose 4 years with of financial data. You have been saving a *.bak
file when Money exists properly - correct?
Also, I just can't believe installing, removing, and reinstalling won't fix
the problem unless you have bigger issues - i.e. pirate software, virus,
Trojans, spyware, malware - shall we go on!

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service!
"Google is your Friend!"