memeredi
Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2005

problem any help would be appreciated

Hi I 'm new to this forum, just joined, I cleaned up my computer
today. I guess I did to good of a job. I got rid of msn it was driving
me crazy a tourquise box kept opening
( I think it was the MSN sign on page from before when I had msn as my
provider)and the only way to get rid of it was to restart my computer.
so i went in and cleaned house, now i am getting the error loading the
C:\programfiles\msn\msnsharedfiles\mailmapi.dll
anybody have any ideas on a quick fix for this mees i created? please
HELP....! Dianne

--
memeredi
memeredi's Profile: http://extremetechsupport.com/forum/member.phtml?userid=901

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 22:16:17 -0600, memeredi wrote:

> memeredi
> Junior Member Join Date: Mar 2005
>
> problem any help would be appreciated

> Hi I 'm new to this forum, just joined, I cleaned up my computer
> today. I guess I did to good of a job. I got rid of msn it was driving
> me crazy a tourquise box kept opening
> ( I think it was the MSN sign on page from before when I had msn as my
> provider)and the only way to get rid of it was to restart my computer.
> so i went in and cleaned house, now i am getting the error loading the
> C:\programfiles\msn\msnsharedfiles\mailmapi.dll
> anybody have any ideas on a quick fix for this mees i created? please
> HELP....! Dianne

MSN can be uninstalled. If using the original version that shipped with XP,
use Add/Remove Windows components. If an upgraded version was installed
(newer than what came with XP), uninstall using Add/Remove Programs.

Since you've deleted the program instead of uninstalling, you may get an
error message stating that the uninstall cannot be performed. If this
happens, try reinstalling the program. Log off/log on. Then perform the
uninstall.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User