Inserted New Ram, but Dell still feels slow

Hi ive put in 512 Ram into my dell to make it 728 Ram but it feels
like its running the same, is there any thing i need to do in the BIOS
or control panel for the computer to optimise the new memory? i run
photoshop and macromedia and they are still quite slow
3 answers Last reply
More about inserted dell feels slow

    RAM is only one part of makes your computer run. Adding RAM won't make your
    computer run faster if you still have a slow hard disk, underpowered video
    card, slow system buses, old drivers, etc. and it won't do you much good at
    all unless you're using the correct type of RAM for your computer.

    Ted Zieglar

    "Muggz" <muggz82@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi ive put in 512 Ram into my dell to make it 728 Ram but it feels
    > like its running the same, is there any thing i need to do in the BIOS
    > or control panel for the computer to optimise the new memory? i run
    > photoshop and macromedia and they are still quite slow

    when you say it's running the same, how do you mean? is it running the
    same in all performance areas? no improvement anywhere at all?

    Muggz wrote:
    > Hi ive put in 512 Ram into my dell to make it 728 Ram but it feels
    > like its running the same, is there any thing i need to do in the BIOS
    > or control panel for the computer to optimise the new memory? i run
    > photoshop and macromedia and they are still quite slow

    Try the recommendations at this site:

Dell RAM Computers