windows font folder

In my c/windows/fonts I have about 100 or so styles and folder size is
72mb.On our other computer tere is only 70 or so but the folder size is
almost 2gb.Why would there be such a huge difference.
3 answers Last reply
More about windows font folder

    Because Fonts show installed fonts not files.

    Type cmd in Start Run then in cmd type

    dir %windir%\fonts /a /s /p

    "HANKMANN" <HANKMANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C788A9-0FE1-42CC-9EAD-84D73163076B@microsoft.com...
    > In my c/windows/fonts I have about 100 or so styles and folder size is
    > 72mb.On our other computer tere is only 70 or so but the folder size is
    > almost 2gb.Why would there be such a huge difference.

    Thanks David.I have found 3 files in the list which I don't have on my list
    ..They total almost 1.9gb.They are sndnib.bak1 and 2 and sndnib.ini.Any idea
    what they are and I right clicked but could'nt see any way to remove them.

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Because Fonts show installed fonts not files.
    >
    > Type cmd in Start Run then in cmd type
    >
    > dir %windir%\fonts /a /s /p

    > "HANKMANN" <HANKMANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C788A9-0FE1-42CC-9EAD-84D73163076B@microsoft.com...
    > > In my c/windows/fonts I have about 100 or so styles and folder size is
    > > 72mb.On our other computer tere is only 70 or so but the folder size is
    > > almost 2gb.Why would there be such a huge difference.

    ini files are usually text files. Open one in Notepad and see what's in it. For safety sake open notepad and use File - Open, browse to fonts, and type the name of the file in the name box (as they'll still be hidden).

    Also type in Start Run

    edit %windir%\fonts\sndnib.bak1 /78 /r

    and see if you can get a sense of what it might be. Modern fonts will have their name on the first page, old fonts and programs (and similar) will all start with MZ.

    Noone has ever mentioned these filenames on the internet before.

    "HANKMANN" <HANKMANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81D3FF4-560F-4171-B3E6-FF5B68F9F454@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks David.I have found 3 files in the list which I don't have on my list
    > .They total almost 1.9gb.They are sndnib.bak1 and 2 and sndnib.ini.Any idea
    > what they are and I right clicked but could'nt see any way to remove them.
    >
    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >
    >> Because Fonts show installed fonts not files.
    >>
    >> Type cmd in Start Run then in cmd type
    >>
    >> dir %windir%\fonts /a /s /p
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> "HANKMANN" <HANKMANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C788A9-0FE1-42CC-9EAD-84D73163076B@microsoft.com...
    >> > In my c/windows/fonts I have about 100 or so styles and folder size is
    >> > 72mb.On our other computer tere is only 70 or so but the folder size is
    >> > almost 2gb.Why would there be such a huge difference.

Font Microsoft Windows XP