Stolen Toshiba Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonGil

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello,
I am Jon Gil, writing from Ghana. My house suffered an armed robbery attack on 23/3/2012 and they made away with my Toshiba Laptop. I am in a terrible fix and would want to know how I could trace my Toshiba laptop or even make it impossible for those possessing it to use.
I am a Film Producer and the worth of documents and or files as in intellectual properties are stuffed in the machine. please, I need a solution urgently.
My email is gildjok@yahoo.com, please help me out. Thanks.gildjok@yahoo.com

KNO3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
skeptical_hippo.jpg

nbelote

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
I am skeptical also, though unless you had a GPS tracking unit installed on the laptop OR security software that reports when and where the laptop is put online (this can be stopped with a hard drive format whilst the GPS unit cannot) you are screwed.

Yes, odds are that you are unfortunately SOL :(
Unless the thief is caught, it is highly unlikely that you will ever recover your laptop or any of your data.
In the future, I highly recommend keeping at least one secure backup of all your important data and using full disk encryption on your laptop.

Sorry about your luck.

Hello JonGil;

Sorry;
It's not possible to track a laptop, disable it, or retrieve your personal files and data remotely without first having installed security software allowing you to do that.

http://preyproject.com/

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
seeing many posts like this, here is some info on tracking a laptop. read all the way down to the end of the article and the links

http://laptop-tracking-review.toptenreviews.com/

KNO3

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I imagine it would be rather difficult for him to locate the armed thieves, infiltrate their lair, install the software, then get out again undetected so he can activate the software and locate his laptop.

chudddds

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012

isnt that from "the spy that shagged me" ???

Status
Not open for further replies.