  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 10, 2005 1:17:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Daniel wrote reviews on several Vectrex games (as mentioned before). I
have added a voting system for the public. This time it's permanent, the
first rating systems I have tried are now removed.

It's a simple 5 star rating system, integrated in the review. No popups
or banners.

You can only vote 1 time from a ip-adres

www.vectrex.nl/reviews.html

Jeroen
www.vectrex.nl

More about : cast vote vectrex games

July 17, 2005 4:03:50 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Hey All,
That's really great Jeroen! Now everybody can have their say and rate
all of the Vectrex games which will reflect the views of the greater
Vectrex community. Apologies for not including a STAR SHIP (aka STAR
TREK) review yet. This review will be up within the next few days
hopefully. I know there are quite a few homebrews missing too. This is
because I have only purchased around 5 homebrews, but I can review more
if I can get ahold of a copy of the game. I think it would be more of
an accurate review if I actually was able to play the game on a real
Vectrex, instead of an emulator, so that's why the homebrew section is
limited just yet.

It seems PROTECTOR LE is the early frontrunner and with good reason
too. The top 10 voted games is on the homepage of Jeroen's site. Visit
the link below to have a say and make a vote.

http://www.vectrex.nl/reviews.html

Regards,

Daniel.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 2:08:41 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?)

Nubian wrote:
[snip]

> TREK) review yet. This review will be up within the next few days
> hopefully. I know there are quite a few homebrews missing too. This is
> because I have only purchased around 5 homebrews, but I can review more
> if I can get ahold of a copy of the game. I think it would be more of
> an accurate review if I actually was able to play the game on a real
> Vectrex, instead of an emulator, so that's why the homebrew section is
> limited just yet.

Agreed. I think I can tell from playing in an emulator whether I quite
like a game or not, but I'd be a _long_ way from being able to really
judge it. Anyway, needing a real cart before you can review the game
seems like a good excuse for adding to your collection :-)

I've not commented on your reviews yet, so I'd just like to record that
I really like them. Of course I don't agree with all your ratings, but
that's half the fun! (e.g. although I think Hyperchase is better than
Pole Position, they're both pretty poor - we still need a good racing
game!) I suppose I better get voting on the site...

Best regards
Roberto/.
!