USB in XP does not install microphone

March 21, 2005 8:04:22 PM

I have a Logitech Webcam Pro 3000 which connects via USB. The camera works
fine but the microphone doesn't work. Windows finds the mic fine but comes
back with a message that the mic cannot be installed correctly. The camera
and mic work fine in my computer at work. I contacted Logitech about the
problem but they couldn't give me an answer.

I also have a USB headset with headphones and microphone and I have the same
problem as above. It also works fine on my computer at work.

Both computers are running Windows XP SP2 with 512 Mb memory.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

More about : usb install microphone

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 8:04:23 PM

Could be the motherboard at home doesnt support such a set-up,typically to
capture sound the board requires you to go thru the mic or line-in
ports,these
ports are the only way sound can be entered into the system.When you run usb,
youre bypassing the audio hardware,thus leaving the os with no place to go
with
it.

!