Window 7

How do I get window 7 for my computer?
15 answers Last reply
More about window
  1. october 22
  2. Dandyplum said:
    How do I get window 7 for my computer?

    The most recent version of Windows 7 that was publicly available was the Release Candidate (RC). The downloads for that ended August 20th. The final version (RTM) is currently available only to those who partner with Microsoft or subscribe to certain programs of theirs (TechNet, etc.). So, if you want to get Win7 (legally*) you have to wait until its general release on October 22nd. Then, you can buy Retail (for build-you-own new computer, w/tech support from MS), OEM (for build-you-own new computer, w/o tech support from MS), or Upgrade (for computer w/previous version of Windows already installed: 2000 [not ME], XP, Vista, Win7 RC).
    *Both the RC and RTM milestones of Win7 are available illegally on file-sharing torrents, Pirate Bay, etc., but I can't recommend those. They often come repackaged with viruses, anyway.
    Hope this answers your question.
  3. You can buy W7 RC on eBay for $10. Well worth it! Why pay for Vista?
  4. windows 7 rc expires who would want that....
  5. it expires in August and the hourly shotdowns will start in July, so he (and all those sticking with RC) will have atleast another 8 months, FREE OS, or $10 for a 8 Month OS, can be worth it...
  6. You can buy Win 7 retail technet keys on ebay for $50-$100, each key is good for 10 activations, so if you buy one like that be sure to activate every computer you can up to 10 so the seller cant keep selling the key you just paid for.

    Buy a retail key for $50 10 activations, you cant beat that price for a 100% legit activated key!
  7. Boxa786 said:
    it expires in August and the hourly shotdowns will start in July, so he (and all those sticking with RC) will have atleast another 8 months, FREE OS, or $10 for a 8 Month OS, can be worth it...



    The nag starts in March, and it ends June, but ya 10 legit activations for $50 on ebay as well.
  8. i'm on technet i don't need ebay!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. daship said:
    You can buy Win 7 retail technet keys on ebay for $50-$100...


    daship, you also wrote in other threads:

    "FREE Technet" subscription. What on earth will I ever do with all these Product kes for all of MS software."

    ...and

    "Why not buy the retail win 7 now. PM me for info. "


    I hope you realize that:

    (a) selling your Technet keys is against the agreement you made with Microsoft when you subscribed to the service, and

    (b) Microsoft KNOWS that those keys belong to you. If they get wind that you're selling them (and you've made that very easy with your posts) they could easily cancel ALL your keys. Not only would YOU be out your Technet subscription, but you'd have a bunch of very angry customers as well.
  10. sminlal said:
    daship, you also wrote in other threads:

    "FREE Technet" subscription. What on earth will I ever do with all these Product kes for all of MS software."

    ...and

    "Why not buy the retail win 7 now. PM me for info. "


    I hope you realize that:

    (a) selling your Technet keys is against the agreement you made with Microsoft when you subscribed to the service, and

    (b) Microsoft KNOWS that those keys belong to you. If they get wind that you're selling them (and you've made that very easy with your posts) they could easily cancel ALL your keys. Not only would YOU be out your Technet subscription, but you'd have a bunch of very angry customers as well.



    Well, I am aware of the license. Thats why mine are not for sale or trade. I'm just saying ebay and ioffer are full of them.

    I have used 3 keys, all my own machines. Thanks for worrying about me though, but I;m not stupid. I got my own keys, cause I'm aware the keys on ebay may be blacklisted as soon as MS gets wind. FYI, I even told my represenative about the ebay/ioffer keys.

    Hoping MS catches on soon and stops it. Cuttin in on my rigs I sell with no OS and OEM OS.
  11. daship said:
    I'm aware the keys on ebay may be blacklisted as soon as MS gets wind.
    ...and yet you're telling other people they can buy keys on eBay? Bad advice.
  12. Thee sooner the Ebay scammers are brought to justice, the better.

    50/50 shot of getting blakclisted. For that cheap its better then buying a RC for 10-40.

    Besides I cant wait for the scammers to be busted, it hurts the legit sellers alot.

    You see legit guys that are powersellers, not moving nothing, then you got these clowns with 1 feedback scamming.

    Probably in the long run MS will change the way technet subsriptions and hurt the legit guys there.

    I got my sub free and I saved 100s of dollars, and get to use the software now, I couldnt be more happy.

    Your probably running RC or RTM cracked with leveno key. Have fun with that.
  13. Daship - check ur PM !
  14. contact me ,win 7 with coa ,i will give you a good price ,more cheaper than online ,slata2003@yahoo.com
    TKS.
  15. Quote:
    contact me ,win 7 with coa ,i will give you a good price ,more cheaper than online ,slata2003@yahoo.com
    TKS.


    I bet you say that to all your scsam victims, can you please put a bit more effort in so we can all feel special?
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Windows 7