Stuk taskbar

Hello,

I have instructed my taskbar to auto-hide. But now and again the taskbar
goes to the top, and stays there. The only way to get it unstuk is by
entering the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window and typing twice
Alt-U and Alt-A (Auto-hide the taskbar and Apply). Does anyone know how to
let the taskbar behave as it should?

More info:
System: Acer TravelMate 4000
OS: Windows XP home, version 2002, service pack 2

Hope someone has an answer,
Michel
2 answers Last reply
More about stuk taskbar

    You may have a corrupt Theme.

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:27:05 -0800, Michel wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have instructed my taskbar to auto-hide. But now and again the taskbar
    > goes to the top, and stays there. The only way to get it unstuk is by
    > entering the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" window and typing twice
    > Alt-U and Alt-A (Auto-hide the taskbar and Apply). Does anyone know how to
    > let the taskbar behave as it should?
    >
    > More info:
    > System: Acer TravelMate 4000
    > OS: Windows XP home, version 2002, service pack 2
    >
    > Hope someone has an answer,
    > Michel

    To say it kindly, the autohide for the taskbar in XP ... doesn't always
    work as expected. Workarounds are your only solution and you currently have
    one that is doing the job for you.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User