cancel an order??

Hello. I've recently ordered a keyboard online from Dell. But now I discover
that I have managed to repair my broken one so I don't really need the new
one.
There isn't any obvious way to cancel the order online.
Does anyone know if this is possible. The order hasn't been shipped yet. I
only placed it a few hours ago and so I haven't received my Order number
yet.
Thanks.

"MikeJohnes" <1412ffre1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I've recently ordered a keyboard online from Dell. But now I
> discover that I have managed to repair my broken one so I don't really
> need the new one.
> There isn't any obvious way to cancel the order online.
> Does anyone know if this is possible. The order hasn't been shipped yet. I
> only placed it a few hours ago and so I haven't received my Order number
> yet.
> Thanks.

It can be done from the Forums/Customer Care/Cancellations Board.

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=cc_cancellations

You'll need your Customer Number and Order Number.

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.

"HillBillyBuddhist" <hillbillybuddhistshoes@columbus.rr.com> wrote in
message news:34qe4cF4g1bbsU1@individual.net...
> "MikeJohnes" <1412ffre1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello. I've recently ordered a keyboard online from Dell. But now I
>> discover that I have managed to repair my broken one so I don't really
>> need the new one.
>> There isn't any obvious way to cancel the order online.
>> Does anyone know if this is possible. The order hasn't been shipped yet.
>> I only placed it a few hours ago and so I haven't received my Order
>> number yet.
>> Thanks.
>

> It can be done from the Forums/Customer Care/Cancellations Board.
>
> http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=cc_cancellations
>
> You'll need your Customer Number and Order Number.

> I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
> I was just trying to help.
> Please use your own best judgment before implementing any suggestions or
> advice herein.
> No warranty is expressed or implied.
> Your mileage may vary.
> See store for details. :)
>
> Remove shoes to E-mail.

Thanks for the reply
The forum is on the American site. Do you know if it can be used by people
outside the US?
Also I haven't received my order number yet from Dell. Only the customer
number so I'll wait until I receive it before I post.

"MikeJohnes" <1412ffre1@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the reply
>The forum is on the American site. Do you know if it can be used by people
>outside the US?

Duh. It took me about three seconds, in the US to go to the US
Dell site, transfer to the UK/Euro Dell site, enter "cancel
order" in the search bar, and get to here:

http://search.euro.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&cat=all&c=uk&l=en&cs=&k=cancel+order&x=13&y=7

which results seem to indicate that there are a number of
approaches on the UK/Euro Dell site to canceling your order.

Since you didn't specify the division [home/home office, small
business, etc] you purchased from, using the Customer Care link
on the UK/Euro Dell main page didn't get further than that
selection, so I couldn't find out whether or not the UK/Euro Dell
site includes those forums the US site does.

I guess, maybe you could try going there on your own

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/default.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen

since you will have more of an idea of where you might want to go
than I do.

--
OJ III