Application Error

I'm getting the following alert everytime I power-on and log-in. . .

rvgYFAX.exe -- Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).

Click OK but the window just dings and stays put. Computer has pretty much
come to a stand still. . .

Help. .

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"coachp" wrote:

| I'm getting the following alert everytime I power-on and log-in. . .
|
| rvgYFAX.exe -- Application Error
| The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).
|
| Click OK but the window just dings and stays put. Computer has pretty much
| come to a stand still. . .
|
| Help. .

I can't seem to get past the error screen to get online and into a browser. . .

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315
>
> Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
> http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
>
> Symantec Security Check
> http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
>
> 3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "coachp" wrote:
>
> | I'm getting the following alert everytime I power-on and log-in. . .
> |
> | rvgYFAX.exe -- Application Error
> | The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).
> |
> | Click OK but the window just dings and stays put. Computer has pretty much
> | come to a stand still. . .
> |
> | Help. .

stingray

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002

Try booting in Safe mode and then use system restore to roll your system back
to before the problem. You can then get back online and get the tools Carey
recommended.

"coachp" wrote:

> I can't seem to get past the error screen to get online and into a browser. . .
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315
> >
> > Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
> > http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button
> >
> > Symantec Security Check
> > http://security.symantec.com/s­scv6/default.asp?langid=ie&ven­id=sym
> >
> > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en
> >
> > 3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> > Microsoft Newsgroups
> >
> > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

> > "coachp" wrote:
> >
> > | I'm getting the following alert everytime I power-on and log-in. . .
> > |
> > | rvgYFAX.exe -- Application Error
> > | The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142).
> > |
> > | Click OK but the window just dings and stays put. Computer has pretty much
> > | come to a stand still. . .
> > |
> > | Help. .

TRENDING THREADS